Lil' Lijah The Light'in Bug

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Lil' Lijah The Light'in Bug

Postby SandyJoy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Here is a Little Story told by William Samuel. You hear it told in William's own voice and he always had a great way with analogies. William was a charming story teller, and the stories always had deep meaning, though often told with humor and childlikeness.

I hope you enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6uLwKI_rA

Love, Sandyjoy
Last edited by SandyJoy on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Re: Lil' Lijah The Light'in Bug

Postby karmarider » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:54 am

Beautiful drawings...very relevant, whimsical, fun!
karmarider

Postby SandyJoy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks karmarider, yes, I love that the Truth does not have to be all 'satsang and silence' --only because I am not East Indian, and have no inclination to meditate or be taught in that way, I am of the English-Scots-Irish blood lines and I respond more deeply to the Northern European senses. And if I have learned one thing on my journey, it is to be true to my self and trust my own gut and heart---so I do. To be Self Reliant and independent and to Trust my self without fear. I go it my way, and I have always been rewarded for it (which only means that God gives us back tenfold when we are giving of what God gives us)

'--- I love that stories have always been the way the Truth has been shared, passed along. Jesus used parables, and if you look deeply, and read his words from the subjective-view, the top down 'only one' view---you will see the real meaning of the stories He told.

Fairytales are the same way. kids love fairytales because they evoke the Truth that is within the Heart of everyone of us. When our heart is 'stirred' and we feel something move within us, through stories, that is the Truth in us being uncovered, coming to life and telling us "yes, yes, its true". That is why when we believe in fairytales, or when we hear a story that speaks in parable, and even if we don't understand it with our intellect, something deep in our soul knows the Truth.

Fairytales, even the idea of Santa Clause, which always gets used as a way to put someone down "oh, so you believe in Santa Clause, you fool"---Yes, yes, I do, I do. The idea of Santa represents something Real and True. If we ignore the fairytales we are even more lost and drifting further into the Land of Nod. Fairytales, they speak to the heart of the Child, and Child is the part within us that is closest to "who we are before the world was". The Child is before time and space and matter and Lives without the indoctrination and control of "the old man". The Child is the Free Spirit of us that does not belong to the false-human-belief-controlled-blindness. Yes, yes, the Child is the innocent one in the crowd who yells out "the emperor has no cloths on" --- Read that fairytale for Real Revelation of Truth.

Fairytales are telling us something deeper about the the Truth; they speak to the Child Heart of us, the Real of us. Beauty and the Beast, is all about the power the Love. Alice in Wonderland, so much Truth and Mystery at every turn; interpret from your own heart and you will see so much meaning there, read it as if it is your story about your life, you'll see.

All of the really old teachings where taught through story telling, myth. Homer and the Oddyssey, amazing stories, where in the Truth is revealed. And of course the classic one from Plato that everyone knows; the shadow in the cave---pure Truth.

The world is a storybook, really, it is telling us all we need to know, we are Alice in Wonderland and every 'thing' is metaphor for something deeper and unseen---we are walking in or we are living as the meaning, symbols 'stand for' something we cannot see---they represent the idea of spirit of something. No 'thing' is real, just like no word is "It" --it is just a representation of the Real, like words represent the idea or thing, so 'matter' represents God Itself---Matter' represents the idea behind the 'thing' --we are the very self-world that we are walking through We are the Light of the wholeness of Divine Mind, all 'things' are an idea within the Mind the God. So stories are very useful. I am the world I walk through, what I see is what I be---reflections of my Self. When things get bad the only one who can fix it is our Self, we change and the scene changes, watch and see. I be what I want to see. I change and my world changes. No blaming "out there"-- Its always Here within My Self, I am the Answer to everything. The Light of God Is Who and What I Am, and the Truth within us is recognizing, awakening to Its own Light and coming Home.

Just to Be Your Self, that is what they all are saying, Just to follow your own Heart and not get sucked into the crowd mentality. Just to stand alone and watch the passing scene with Joy in Knowing Who You Are and the Peace that passeth understanding.

Anyway, nuff from me--- Love to you, SandyJoy
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby SandyJoy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Read the Velveteen Rabbit---Profound.

Stories, the classics are the classics for Good reason.

It's hidden in the lines of the children's stories. It's everywhere there:

Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh:

"What day is it?" Asked Pooh.

"It's today." Squeaked Piglet

"My favorite day." Said Pooh
SandyJoy

Postby treasuretheday » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:49 pm

SandyJoy, I enjoyed your entire post about the power & magic of stories immensely. Thank you for posting that here! :)
Yes, children's classics can be so illuminating & touching. Ah, the Velveteen Rabbit! So good! I love this passage; I get completely choked up every time I read it. Is this wonderful, or what?

“Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.'
'Does it hurt?' asked the Rabbit.
'Sometimes,' said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. 'When you are Real you don't mind being hurt.'
'Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,' he asked, 'or bit by bit?'
'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”
― Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit

Another favorite-The Little Prince: “Goodbye, said the fox. And now here is my secret, a very simple secret. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

And from my first book of poetry (which I have on the secretary in my living room now!), Happy Thought, by Robert Louis Stevenson from A Child's Garden of Verses: "The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings."
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby treasuretheday » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Also SJ, the dialogue you shared between Winnie the Pooh & Piglet-- love it! :)
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby SandyJoy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 am

Oh Sweet Treasure of the Child Heart! What a lovely addition. Thank you so much. Yes, that part from Velveteen Rabbit makes me cry every time--That is the Truth.

The Truth stirs the heart, it touches the soul it calls to the Child I Am.

Your favorites are mine too!

The Little Prince: " It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” Yes, for sure. And what a wonderful story that one is.

So many of them speak the Truth. And Robert Lewis Stevenson, me too---Ahh, so wonderful, so much light therein.

You really chose the quotes I would have picked. It is a Joy!

Life, how amazing and wonderful It is.

Thanks Sweet Girl. Sandyjoy
SandyJoy

Return to Recommended Links