Latest from Tim Freke

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Latest from Tim Freke

Postby Sighclone » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 am

Tim appears to be effective at helping people get the first glimpse of Unity.

Here is his latest advertisement - his satsangs are handy for those in the UK...

http://www.themysteryexperience.com/mystery-experience/

Andy

PS - Full disclosure: Tim is a friend and I very much like his concepts of "lucid living" and "the both-and paradox" of Awakening. As you all know, I like many nondual teachers, therapists and writers and endorse many others, too.
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Latest from Tim Freke

Postby RCharles » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 am

Nice, Andy! This really resonates for me--reality is not just separateness or oneness--it's BOTH! It all depends on how you choose to think at the moment. Like parallax, we can choose different views.

Chuck
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai
RCharles

Postby Sighclone » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:15 am

One might imagine that re-introducing "little me" guarantees the return of suffering. And if the suffering occurs, then Big Love (or whatever term is used to apply to awakening) is not fully abiding. But if Big Love was just a passing "experience," then suffering will return of its own, with or without defense of "little me." In "little me" there is momentary tension, there are disagreements, goals without attachment, the humor of self-ridicule, the full enjoyment of intimacy (in which "little me" dissolves anyway), daily frustrations (which do not rise to the level of suffering), and fun in the theater of life and personalities interacting with charm and flirting and flattery and compliments, and the observation of disingenuous behavior from others. Absent wearing the "costume of character," there is the risk of "Zen sickness" or just spacing out in the Mystery.

When I first read Tim's "both-and" paradox several years ago I simply shouted out loud..."YES!!" Because it was so profoundly comforting to hear someone express exactly my experience.

I believe that those who had a difficult early life, full of suffering, might be more inclined to avoid re-validating it, and find that the "no self-reflective thinking" (or whatever) condition is superior. And it may well be for them. But we each occupy a different bag of skin than the next person, and cannot but see personality sparkling through the manifested Self in our evolved friends, regardless of their denials. My early life was a complete delight, with loving parents, enough money, the right kind of encouragement, etc. So perhaps I was then and now remain content with my old egoic identity. Just because We, in Unity Consciousness, experience a vastly more inclusive Identity, is no reason to dispose of our gamepiece in the Game of Waking Life. We may be in no risk of throwing out the bathwater...no need to throw out the baby either.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby RCharles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:12 am

Andy, I affirm your Yes! Freke's idea of both/and rather than either/or fits what I have experienced too. I have not found anyone else until now willing to say so. I experience both awakening and little me. If you speak another language, it's like choosing which language you wish to speak at the moment. One does not exclude the other. For this reason, I've felt that those who claim unity is the only reality and separateness an illusion are deluding themselves just as much as those trapped in separateness. Both are real, both are true, and that is the conundrum of reality. When thinking with the separate mind, we are separate. When thinking with the unity mind, we are One.

BTW my childhood was a very difficult one--severe chronic illness and an unhappy family life. The chronic illness is still with me. If anybody had a reason to escape permanently to a happier reality, I would be he, but that's not my purpose. I find in suffering many wonderful lessons and blessings, another paradox. And I'm also grateful for the non-suffering relief of the One.

I look forward to hearing more of Tim's thoughts.

Chuck
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai
RCharles

Postby SandyJoy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:50 pm

I like Tim too-- I think his message has a similarity to William Samuel's; not to get stuck in the non-dual-absolute concepts but to move along and find the (you call it the little me) what William calls our Original Self, the pure unadulterated Self that is quite able to Live the Balanced view---seeing clearly how to live in the world (appearances of duality) while also living from the precepts of an all inclusive Perfect Principle (non-dual)---this is like a third position that is not about 'dualism or non-dualism" but is about the Spirit of both ---The Joy of both, the happy living of both. The 'both' view is the Child, the Pure Self that is 'greater than either 'concept' and Is not a concept at all---but a Real Living Being, the Very Essence and Isness of The Truth---

Anyway, I have not read a whole lot of Tim's work, but from what I see, I like that he is not 'stuck' in the concepts of nonduality and has moved beyond that too---It is the only way anything comes alive in our own heart, where we no longer need instructions or teachers, we find the Inner Teacher, the Real Identity, the True Self that 'drinks from the Source Itself', directly being 'fed' from the Living Waters of Life.

And, having found this place of Balance and This Child, I see this is all true, this is the Way, this is the Truth--we find the Child and then all becomes very clear and freedom to be in the world and the Joy of understanding this world, and honesty and love returns.

We must let go the precepts of non-duality and this whole thing about 'there is no me' or "no self' or that getting rid of the big bad evil 'ego' is the answer---It's as bad as 'the sinner who goes to hell' of the conventional religions.

It is time to find the True Messiah within You, it is there, it is real and it Lives if you seek It, You will find It. That one has all you need and shows you all need you know.

I think this is the same as what Feke? At least from what I have heard him saying, that is what I get. I wrote to him once to suggest he read William's work, that he would enjoy the similarities--- but he never got back to me.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby Sighclone » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:15 am

There are similarities, certainly in his Big Love phrasing, and childlike presentations.

Andy
Sighclone

Return to Recommended Links