Tim Conway on Three Levels

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Tim Conway on Three Levels

Postby Sighclone » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I have enjoyed Tim's journey and comments over the years. This one is from 2003 but includes a fine summary of what rings true for me. For his second level, I have heard others use the "witness" concept. There are some Christian overtones in this, but also many other religious and spiritual parallels.

http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org ... ality.html

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Tim Conway on Three Levels

Postby snowheight » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:03 pm

One metaphor that comes to mind is that of a bridge. Tim's model seems useful to me in terms of facilitating peaceful, constructive and rich communication between perspectives regardless of the underlying subjective experience of any given perspective.

That said ... another metaphor that seems applicable is that of a map. :P These days, most maps are on phones! ... guess I'm gettin' to be a geezer, 'cause maps remind me of kindling!

Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Return to Recommended Links