Inspiring Life Insurance Commercial

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Inspiring Life Insurance Commercial

Postby treasuretheday » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:47 am

Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Re: Inspiring Life Insurance Commercial

Postby Onceler » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Very cool. Will it to show my social skills class.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby treasuretheday » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Glad you liked that, Oncelor.

Talk about cool...your social skills class? Wow, how fortunate your students are to have you as a teacher. :) I bet you really reach them and keep it fun!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby Fore » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Nice one Treasure, I shared this with my Bob at work. :)
Fore

Postby Onceler » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:29 am

treasuretheday wrote:Glad you liked that, Oncelor.

Talk about cool...your social skills class? Wow, how fortunate your students are to have you as a teacher. :) I bet you really reach them and keep it fun!

Don't know about that, but they really liked the vid and we made a list of things we could do to make the school more beautiful!

Thanks.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby runstrails » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:34 am

Such a lovely vid. Thanks TTD.
runstrails

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Don't know about that, but they really liked the vid and we made a list of things we could do to make the school more beautiful!

:D
Sounds like it already is beautiful Onceler.

Thank you Treasure.
I still don't get what it has to do with life insurance though :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby KathleenBrugger » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:18 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:I still don't get what it has to do with life insurance though :lol:

Thanks for sharing this treasure! It's really inspiring, I'm going to share it with some young people I know.

I had the same thought, jen, what does this have to do with life insurance?! It occurred to me that what an insurance company has to do in order to get someone to buy life insurance is convince them of the value of a life. In the US, insurance companies make their pitch based on loss of salary--in other words, a person's value is measured by what they will earn. That's why this ad is so different--the value of a life is based on the good the person does, not the money he earns. I noticed during the ad the narrator said things like, "he's not on TV, he's not famous or rich." Of course you can still ask, "How could any money (through life insurance payout) replace the good he's doing in the world, but ads aren't supposed to make you think. They just want to make you feel--and this one did that very effectively. It was kind of like a Thai "It's a Wonderful Life."
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:20 am

I guess if they make you feel good one will associate their logo, brand etc with feeling good, and it may seem to position them as a 'good corporate citizen'.

So sorry for hijacking this Treasure, great ads are worth sharing, but also in considering intention.

Kathleen said: It occurred to me that what an insurance company has to do in order to get someone to buy life insurance is convince them of the value of a life.

This 'prompt' comes fairly hot on the heels on my 'adjustment' to 'new information' a new perspective on life insurance and how it might be employed in a way I had never thought about before. I guess I need to explain I only thought about and had life insurance when my children were dependant upon me financially. Then I let it go as unnecessary.

As it was explained to me, my understanding was denying my children a wonderful opportunity to profit financially from my death, not just on a 'needs' basis as I had been thinking about it, but as a family investment vehicle. It's a pretty sure thing.
This different perspective explained that it was how many of a particular cultural perspective are able to buy up businesses and increase family wealth through the generations. It's the only way to 'ensure' descendants will be more financially comfortable than the parents, it's encouraged, and expected that (working) children all take out sizeable life insurance policies on their parents' lives and pay them as an investment in their own future. Not to take care of any debts or financial responsibilities of the parents, but as a profit making investment for the then adult children.

Then the passing of the parents is a blessing beyond their earthly capacity to provide for their descendants.

We (maybe just me) tend to be a little more emotional when it comes to life insurance.

At first I was a little :shock: then a little :? on hearing this, I went through my own resistances (blood money came to mind :wink: ) and then those 'sins' were addressed by wider understanding when it was shared that the families also believe in reincarnation and that the parents would return to a wealthier, more comfortable family and hence the benefit is also shared with them. Generationally increasing wealth is assured, and insured. Okaaayyyy :wink:

It's not a get rich quick scheme, it's more an unemotional application of the parameters of it, a pure investment pretty much guaranteeing returns (as in it only won't mature as expected if the child dies before the parent.... )

I'm still digesting it, and then along came this ad, admittedly from a totally different cultural perspective again.

Of course you can still ask, "How could any money (through life insurance payout) replace the good he's doing in the world

That's kind of my take on it too, I don't tend to think of value in monetary terms.

I also wondered who took out the policy on him, and who would benefit, did he pay it himself to share with those featured? I guess that might be a way for me to leave more than I have earned/gained/known :wink: Although I'm pretty sure those I would leave it to .... hmmm best I not assume :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby KathleenBrugger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Treasure, just wanted you to know I sent the video to my 12-year-old niece. She just sent me this email: "That video is very inspirational! I liked all the deeds he did, whether big or small! I loved it!"
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:10 am

Yes very inspirational.
Hermit

Postby bluecover » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Thailand does make amazing inspiring commercials.
Recently this one came out. It's amazing because it shows the true essence of humans and why love cannot be replaced by machines. It's a little bit funny in the beginning, but indeed it gets interesting and loveling in the end. No machine can indeed ever understand this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmCDxY2lJAE
bluecover

Postby Clouded » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:36 am

Why aren't commercials like this where I live? Not gonna lie, I kinda teared up a bit and it wasn't even a full length movie. I think that commercials that play with your emotions are more efficient at sending a message than the superficial commercials you usually see.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Return to Recommended Links