Does You Know What Love Is?

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Does You Know What Love Is?

Postby SandyJoy » Tue May 20, 2014 2:52 am

You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Re: Does You Know What Love Is?

Postby Phil2 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:04 pm

SandyJoy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKe4ZW7hlMA

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the link, he seems cool though I don't like too much the 'academic' style of his lecture, especially in the beginning when he reads a text ... personally I prefer the questions and answers talks which address practical problems raised by participants ... moreover his elocution is rather bad, it is often difficult to understand what he says (especially for non English-speaking persons like me) :-)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby SandyJoy » Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Hey Phil, yes, that is all true. He had a stroke 12 days before that talk. He is struggling with his words at the beginning of the seminar. As he goes along speaking, he gets better and better-- it is really a beautiful 'testimony' to how this interface with the Light of the Living Presence (Awareness) of Being, is a healing action for all concerned.

This talk was in 1993. When he spoke to groups he did it this way. If someone wanted to sit with him in person an ask questions he was there for the individual, alone, one to one, face to face.

There was a question and answer session at the end of the talk, but that is edited out of the video.

When he communicated in his writing and his talks he used stories a lot. He was a rare gem

You might like to read these two links:

http://www.williamsamuel.com/dvd.html

http://www.woodsongjournalnotes.blogspo ... ealed.html

And if you are not interested any of this I understand--- I do appreciate your comments -- :)

I know what time it is -- and I know what I must do -- Thank you
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:40 pm

SandyJoy wrote:
I know what time it is --

It is always NOW ...

:D
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby SandyJoy » Tue May 27, 2014 3:46 pm

SandyJoy

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu May 29, 2014 3:16 pm

I'd just like to quickly say I feel Bill has a wonderful way with him. Am I right that you and he spent much time together Sandy?

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Thu May 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Phil2 wrote:... moreover his elocution is rather bad, it is often difficult to understand what he says (especially for non English-speaking persons like me) :-)

Wait.... you don't speak english? Do you mind if I ask where you're from or what language you speak?

I'll start, I'm from the US and speak only english. I'm not trying to derail the thread, just had to ask, if Phil is so inclined to answer.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:42 pm

dijmart wrote:
Phil2 wrote:... moreover his elocution is rather bad, it is often difficult to understand what he says (especially for non English-speaking persons like me) :-)

Wait.... you don't speak english? Do you mind if I ask where you're from or what language you speak?

I'll start, I'm from the US and speak only english. I'm not trying to derail the thread, just had to ask, if Phil is so inclined to answer.

Well no problem, I live in Belgium (in Brussels) and I am French speaking ... when I say I don't speak English, I mean English is not my mother language, so I always have some difficulties to understand when it is spoken too fast or badly pronounced or even when familiar expressions (or slang) are used ... in writing I can always look in a dictionary when I don't understand :-)
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby dijmart » Thu May 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Phil2 wrote:
dijmart wrote:

Well no problem, I live in Belgium (in Brussels) and I am French speaking ... when I say I don't speak English, I mean English is not my mother language, so I always have some difficulties to understand when it is spoken too fast or badly pronounced or even when familiar expressions (or slang) are used ... in writing I can always look in a dictionary when I don't understand :-)

Interesting, a french guy :)

Thanks for answering, I was just curious.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby runstrails » Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Phil2--your English is pretty darn good!
I'm picturing you with a Hercule Poirot accent :wink:.
runstrails

Postby Phil2 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:31 am

dijmart wrote:
Interesting, a french guy :)

Yes interesting indeed ... now you can put a label on me, right ? ... I am a "french guy" ... ego loves to put labels on all things and people ... then you make an image of others ... you say you 'know' them because you can put a name on them ... "you are this, you are that" ... putting others in a 'box' reassures you ... and there is no freedom in this ... who would love to live in a box ? :)

But the fact is that I am not the image you make of me, I am not what you think I am ... I am not even what I think I am ...

I am neither this, nor that ...

:-)

dijmart wrote:Thanks for answering, I was just curious.

Just curious, really ? ... I think we touch here to a very subtle pattern of ego's functioning, which is about 'knowledge' ... we say we 'know' when we can put things in a box, when we can label things ... so they become 'predictible' hence we can control them ... and ego loves to control ... isn't it so ?

Nothing personal of course ...

8)
Last edited by Phil2 on Fri May 30, 2014 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Clouded » Fri May 30, 2014 7:56 am

Holy shit Phil2, why do you always seem defensive when people are just trying to be polite? Seems that there's always something for you to point out, are you playing a game with yourself where you are trying to bring out the worst in people just so you can reveal their egos at work to them? Don't tell me you've never been curious about knowing where are other people come from, their name and whatever it is you want to know about them, cause in that case, someone needs to point out your ego's functioning too. I don't know if it is because of a language barrier but sometimes your writing seems hostile and I guess that people pick up on it. Just an observation....
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Phil2 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:13 am

Clouded wrote: I don't know if it is because of a language barrier but sometimes your writing seems hostile and I guess that people pick up on it. Just an observation....

Yes you are right to say so Clouded ... unmasking the tricks of ego often appear to be threatening and hostile ... ego hates that, to be exposed in full light ...

There is an ancient saying :

"The one who says the truth, give him a horse"
(so he can fly away quickly) ...

... and btw nothing personal here of course ... just observation ... aren't we here to learn on ourself using the 'mirror of relationships' ? ...

:)
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Clouded » Fri May 30, 2014 8:51 am

Well if you want an ego-less conversation, you might as well get rid of language and this forum.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Phil2 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:08 am

Clouded wrote:Well if you want an ego-less conversation, you might as well get rid of language and this forum.

No, no, ego is too funny to watch ...

:lol:
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Next

Return to Recommended Links