Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:26 pm

An insightful video from Tom Campbell if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGHiCupgI8
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks for the link E2B. Tom Campbell is excellent research material. A real scientist with lots of personal out of body experience. Well worth the exploration.

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6163
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Phil2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:41 am

Enlightened2B wrote:An insightful video from Tom Campbell if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGHiCupgI8


Tom Campbell is a scientist ... he needs to explain and make theories of everything based on past observations ...

Personally I don't think that evolution can be 'explained' by looking into history ... it would be like driving a car looking in the rear-view mirror ... the road ahead and future is not what it used to be ... a totally new world is to be created and discovered ... as Eckhart said "A New Earth" ... which has nothing to do at all with the past ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:14 pm

That's fine Phil and you're entitled to your opinions. But, I do need to ask. Have you even looked into Tom Campbell's work? Did you even watch the video I posted in this thread?

It doesn't sound like you have, because first of all, you're referencing evolution to history, which has nothing at all to do with Tom Campbell's reference to evolution in the video above (his reference is to evolution as Love) and also, if you actually had watched it, you'd probably agree with everything he is saying in the video and I think you're making a judgement on the notion that he is a scientist alone without actually giving his message a chance. I'd say that's a bias on your part and a lack of willingness to open up your own perspective and just shows the coloring of your own perspective as a personal bias you have against "science" without actually giving something a chance. Therefore, anything you deem as 'science' will automatically be rejected by your own perspective. It's ok. We all have biases.

Don't get me wrong, this is not about looking to science for answers. Nor am I saying that I completely agree with everything Tom Campbell puts forth. However, this is about an open minded scientist who actually sees the bigger picture and who had the boldness and courage to go outside of the expected norm for his research, and guess where part of that expected norm is? His own experience.

He has meditated for many many years and has experientially gone out of body on numerous occasions through the work of bob Monroe and traveled through the astral realms.

Take what you like from Tom Campbell. But, don't judge the guy if you've never even heard his message nor based alone on the idea that he's just a 'scientist'. He's far more than merely just a 'scientist'.

That's the same as me judging a movie I never saw as 'bad' just because an actor I don't care for starred in it....when again....I never even saw the movie.

Some of the most enlightening things in my experience have been those that I had been previously closed off to from a previous bias. Going through that bias can be one of the most life changing things we can experience.

Just my take.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Phil2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Enlightened2B wrote: I'd say that's a bias on your part and a lack of willingness to open up your own perspective and just shows the coloring of your own perspective as a personal bias you have against "science" without actually giving something a chance. Therefore, anything you deem as 'science' will automatically be rejected by your own perspective. It's ok. We all have biases.

Don't get me wrong, this is not about looking to science for answers.


You see Mike there is no "chance" for science to 'explain' anything about awareness or love (the same), because awareness does not obey to any rule or law ... awareness will never be imprisoned in theories, not even in the famous "Big TOE" (Theory of Everything) from Campbell ... this is just another trick of mind looking for more control ... awareness will never be 'under control' of mind ... science will never grasp awareness ... this is just impossible ... because incompatible ...

All we can 'do' is totally drop our arrogance and need for control ... and surrender to 'what is' ... and BE ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Phil2 wrote:You see Mike there is no "chance" for science to 'explain' anything about awareness or love (the same), because awareness does not obey to any rule or law ... awareness will never be imprisoned in theories, not even in the famous "Big TOE" (Theory of Everything) from Campbell ... this is just another trick of mind looking for more control ... awareness will never be 'under control' of mind ... science will never grasp awareness ... this is just impossible ... because incompatible ..


All we can 'do' is totally drop our arrogance and need for control ... and surrender to 'what is' ... and BE ...


These two quotes are quite telling Phil that you likely still have not watched the video posted, yet ironically, you're criticizing the man and his work.

I don't disagree with what you say pertaining to science. Science is not meant as a replacement for awakening. Yet, there's a WORLD of difference between Tom Campbell's work and mainstream science.

But, yet, who said anything about science attempting to understand Awareness or Love? You don't know what Tom Campbell's message is, yet you're generalizing it with the rest of modern science because you refuse to actually even listen to the message in the video. That's what I find most amusing here.

If you watched the video, can you tell me what you took out of the video Phil pertaining to Tom's message? Can you tell me where in the video he came across as arrogant or a need to control as you put it above? I'd love to see how and where and why you got that from the video posted above?

You chose to comment on this thread in a manner where you do not approve of Tom Campbell's work which you have every right to and your opinions are well noted, yet from your comments pertaining to evolution and Awareness/Love in the manner that Tom discusses it, it sounds to me that you have not even given Tom's work a chance because your own bias has gotten in the way once again with the word 'science".

What he is referencing is something so much deeper that only fear itself of 'what we don't understand' would reject this. He is not attempting to understand Love/Awareness scientifically. He is utilizing his own experience with meditation and out of body experiences to help formulate his theory. His experience with Bob Monroe's institute with going out of body/healing combined with his scientific background. He is doing something so far different than the flaws in modern science because he is acknoweldging that physical reality is merely a manifestation of a greater reality. He is delving into the same information that many near deather's have also gained from their own experiences and also what many Vedantic texts also talk about. It's a very different take on our nature, but he still comes back to the same realization that Consciousness is All. Love is All.

Understand that this is not meant as a replacement for awakening. It's complementary material to gain more insight if one chooses to willingly allow that insight to be gained without judging it prematurely.

So, how can you say something is a trick of the mind when you have not even given that something, a chance to understand it?

Your own beliefs on science are well noted and again while I don't fully disagree with your views on mainstream science, your bias shines clearly through in your lumping together of Tom's work with your own beliefs on mainstream science. If you actually watched the video, you'd see that Tom's work has nothing at all to do with mainstream science and quite the opposite.

So this:

All we can 'do' is totally drop our arrogance and need for control ... and surrender to 'what is' ... and BE ...


Phil, this can be applied to every single person on this board including myself and including yourself. I remember quite well that recently you started a thread pertaining to 'Thinking or not thinking".

This was yours words:

To address this question, it seems we need kind of 'definition' of what is thinking and what it is not.

Sounds to me very much like a need for control there if you ask me and sounds very much like what modern science itself does. Can you explain to me the difference?

Ultimately, all that we do on this board is the conceptualization of the awakening process largely. But, does that mean we should all just shut up and stop talking? Sometimes yes, but if you understand that certain material that we talk about and certain material like Tom's work is not meant as a replacement, but merely as a complement to the awakening process, it can serve you a long, long way. We just need to open ourselves up. It's a long, long, long, long, long way from here to eternity. Meaning, physical life has a long way to go. It can go a long way to embrace certain aspects of our experience outside of a rigid view on how things should or should not be. Understand, that embracing does not mean you have to necessarily agree with it, but merely opening yourself up to the potential that another perspective also exists.

The more we open ourselves up through our biases, the more we can see the Love that shines through. Or not

Just an idea 8)
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:56 am

Enlightened2B wrote:Your own beliefs on science are well noted and again while I don't fully disagree with your views on mainstream science, your bias shines clearly through in your lumping together of Tom's work with your own beliefs on mainstream science. If you actually watched the video, you'd see that Tom's work has nothing at all to do with mainstream science and quite the opposite.



I am not speaking of 'mainstream' science here Mike ... but science itself is arrogance when it tries to explain consciousness or love ... you cannot explain the unexplainable ... there is no theory for this ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Phil2 wrote:
Enlightened2B wrote:Your own beliefs on science are well noted and again while I don't fully disagree with your views on mainstream science, your bias shines clearly through in your lumping together of Tom's work with your own beliefs on mainstream science. If you actually watched the video, you'd see that Tom's work has nothing at all to do with mainstream science and quite the opposite.



I am not speaking of 'mainstream' science here Mike ... but science itself is arrogance when it tries to explain consciousness or love ... you cannot explain the unexplainable ... there is no theory for this ...


Again, you're lumping together Tom Campbell's work with the rest of mainstream science, but you're wrong Phil. They are two completely different things.

You're reacting to the word 'science' and it shows in your inability to give something a chance just because the word 'science' or 'scientist' is used.

I would highly advise for you to watch one of Tom Campbell's seminars on ' My Big TOE" and see the healing techniques he uses to heal through 'belief'. It's the exact same healing techniques that nanci danison took back from her NDE and the same healing techniques in the book 'the Healing Codes'.

The point of the video I posted, was to see his message of Love, not to critique sicence. The video had nothing at all to do with science for the most part, yet you can't even grasp this beautiful message of Tom Campbell's in the video, because of the coloring of your own perspective with the term 'science/scientist' as a hot spot for you and as a result, not allowing yourself to experience something beautiful because of personal bias.

Again, it's about opening your perspective.

The movie analogy again. There could be a wonderful movie with an incredibly powerful message. But, perhaps an actor I can't stand stars in it and I refuse to see the movie because of the actor in the movie and as a result, I am missing out on a potentially incredibly powerful message because of my own personal bias towards the actor.

Oh well. Your opinions are well noted again. Thanks for responding.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:Oh well. Your opinions are well noted again. Thanks for responding.


Now let us do something different Mike.

Can you count (approximately) the number of lines I wrote and the number of lines you wrote in this discussion ?

What does it mean ?
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:48 am

E2B, I have limitations on watching long videos (sharing download limits with others) - I often look for the material transcribed, I know I miss out on some of the sensory cues but hope I get the key messages.

From what little you've said about the notion of Holographic Evolution I was interested, in googling I found these pointers quoting Campbell within an article here http://www.opednews.com/articles/3/Phys ... 7-340.html.

1. Let go of fear and ego

2. Change the focus of your intent and attention from self to others

3. Become aware of the quality of your responses

4. Accept that your job is not to control but to accept and deal with whatever you encounter with love and caring

5. Accept everything that happens as an opportunity to grow, learn, and become love

6. The change has to come about in your being, not just in your doing

7. The more we evolve the easier we make it for others to evolve

8. Welcome uncertainty because it brings with it your greatest opportunity to co-create a better future

9. Don't BELIEVE My Big Toe"see if it fits your experience and growth. If YES, pursue it; if NO, look for another way.


What was it about the video that touched you - that sparked something, would you share...

You also mentioned his healing techniques - care to expand on that?

Thanks
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 am

Phil2 wrote:
What does it mean ?


Absolutely no idea nor do I give a fuck and I mean that politely

Oh and can you count the lines for me in your opening post of your thread on thinking/not thinking? You know......the one where you needed to define, define, define by using concepts after concepts after concepts? Basically, the exact the same thing you ridicule Jen for and that you're trying to ridicule me for?

Honestly, Phil. I would hope you have something better to do in your free time than post nonsense like this.

Have a wonderful day Phil :D
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:57 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
What was it about the video that touched you - that sparked something, would you share...

You also mentioned his healing techniques - care to expand on that?

Thanks


I don't think the video really sparked something for me per say. I just thought it was interesting with his reference to non physical evolution in the context of 'interacting with one another' being the way we evolve. And I love that premise because relatively speaking, life is all about relationships and how we relate to one another and how we relate to any and everything in existence and we grow (or you can say evolve like tom is) by how we see ourselves in relation to another. This is exactly what he is referencing with his term 'cooperation'. At least I got that vibe from watching. Evolving through interacting with each other. It resonated very much with me. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says. He's definitely a bit out there. And there have been plenty more insightful videos I've watched. Yet, what really drives me to this man is his willingness to step outside of the parameters of mainstream science to promote his ideas without fear of rejection.

Ultimately, you don't have to agree with him, but coming from a scientist promoting ideas such as his, is quite a breath of fresh air to see.

Healing wise, was not discussed in this video. That was another video on his actual explanation of My Big TOE. I'd have to find the video. But, basically, he calls off a number of different patient names to his audience (people how came to see him speak). It was a weekend seminar. He then asks people in the audience to draw a picture of the patient he named (a sketch). To then imagine where that person is in pain or in disease. To heal that person via our own thoughts/beliefs. There is a lot more involved with what he said as he devoted almost an entire day of the seminar to this and I don't remember much more than that. But, it was an interesting premise I thought as it reminded me of 'The Healing Code', granted not the same.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Phil2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
Phil2 wrote:
What does it mean ?


Absolutely no idea nor do I give a fuck and I mean that politely

Oh and can you count the lines for me in your opening post of your thread on thinking/not thinking? You know......the one where you needed to define, define, define by using concepts after concepts after concepts? Basically, the exact the same thing you ridicule Jen for and that you're trying to ridicule me for?

Honestly, Phil. I would hope you have something better to do in your free time than post nonsense like this.

Have a wonderful day Phil :D


I hope you can observe your own reactions ... do they arise out of stillness ... or from some other place ?

??

You see Mike, the way we defend (and react to) ideas and opinions is more important than the ideas themselves ... would you fight for an idea ? ... we have seen too much of that already ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Phil,

I'll ask you again as I asked you in the previous post which you failed to respond to:

E2B said to Phil: If you watched the video, can you tell me what you took out of the video Phil pertaining to Tom's message? Can you tell me where in the video he came across as arrogant or a need to control as you put it above? I'd love to see how and where and why you got that from the video posted above?


Phil, can you answer this question above? You said science in general is arrogant and has a need for control, but can you please tell me where in this video you saw this from Tom Campbell in particular? After all, you wrote it in this thread. I'm not talking about science in general. I'm asking you (since you responded) to please point out where you found tom Campbell in particular in the video I posted above to be arrogant and showing signs of a need for control? You still haven't answered this question yet.

Can you also tell me what you took out of this video as a whole that you did or didn't like that led to your positioning on this subject matter? Even if you learned nothing, I'd still love to hear why you feel the way you do about this particular video of tom Campbell's. And I will completely respect anything you say.

Let's keep the subject matter back on the video though which is the topic of this thread. Mind you, forget about science for a minute. "Stick to the facts". I'm talking about this particular video.

Can you most of all tell me what the main message you grasped from this video from Tom Campbell?

I'd love to compare our opinions on this subject matter to see how we both viewed Tom Campbell's message in the 51 minute video posted above.

So, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this particular video Phil that you chose to respond to.

:D
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby Phil2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:
I'd love to compare our opinions on this subject matter to see how we both viewed Tom Campbell's message in the 51 minute video posted above.

So, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this particular video Phil that you chose to respond to.

:D


I think "love" has nothing to do with this Mike ... your ego would just be satisfied to be right by proving me wrong ... isn't it so ?

??
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Next

Return to Recommended Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest