Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: Tom Campbell-Holographic Evolution

Postby coriolis » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Phil2 wrote:"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
"
(Matthew 10:34)

Whacking other people's egos.
It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it:

Look deeply inside yourself and try to find yourself.
The ensuing failure is the true finding
---- Wu Hsin
coriolis

Postby Phil2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 pm

dijmart wrote:
Here's what the mod Dev said to you-

:lol:

More gossip ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Webwanderer wrote: It's not about Jesus attacking people as you so often do, it's about inspiring change from within that has the power to restructure misconceptions within ourselves.

But are we here to say what others want to hear and remain in our comfort zone ? where ego is never challenged because we share the same opinions and beliefs of like-minded people ?

In this case we just want to feed our egos and reassure ourselves in the comfort of our home behind our PC ...

There is no hope for ego to show up while remaining in our comfort zone, ego can only manifest itself in challenges and contradictions and the emotional reactions ... which you call 'attacks' ... but a challenge and contradiction is not at all an 'attack' WW ... just very small challenges we meet here ... very low risks in fact ...

But it is obvious that truth itself can be very challenging and incomfortable for egos ... nobody said spirituality is for the 'faint-hearted' ... we must be ready to face our deepest fears ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby dijmart » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Phil2 wrote:
dijmart wrote:
Here's what the mod Dev said to you-

Please refrain from posting in the General Discussion Forum except for on the odd occasion when you can avoid confrontation.

More gossip ...

Actually, it's a fact. We know how you like facts. You can go to Kinfonet and "see" the quote by Dev to you. Also, how can something on the internet for all the world to see be "gossip". If that's the case you're the king of gossip for as much as you post.
Last edited by dijmart on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Phil2 wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:Phil, you never disappoint.

This is special.
Phil2 wrote:In the same vein you might also consider those words from Jesus:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Jesus among us. Who knew?

Since when does quoting someone mean that I am this person who made the original statement ?

When you make it in context with your own behavior.

Do you not suggest that you bring a 'sword' of such to this forum? Why else would you cite such a quote? 'I Phil, am like Jesus, and I come to expose all egos, (except my own of course).'

Again, Jesus was bringing a different sword than the one you yield so frequently. He also knew himself in a way you seem not to. Take some time and review. It can only help. You have greater clarity within you awaiting your allowance. Focus on your own alignment (and the beams that block your vision [to paraphrase another Jesus quote]) rather than the ego 'splinters' you imagine in the eyes of others.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Phil2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Do you not suggest that you bring a 'sword' of such to this forum? Why else would you cite such a quote? 'I Phil, am like Jesus, and I come to expose all egos, (except my own of course).'

This is what J. Krishnamurti called the "mirror of relationships" ... I mirror you and you mirror me ... that's fine ... Why is it a problem to expose your ego ? I see no problem with this, why do you ?

I am ready to face what I am, but do you ?

??
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby lmp » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Phil2 wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:Do you not suggest that you bring a 'sword' of such to this forum? Why else would you cite such a quote? 'I Phil, am like Jesus, and I come to expose all egos, (except my own of course).'

This is what J. Krishnamurti called the "mirror of relationships" ... I mirror you and you mirror me ... that's fine ... Why is it a problem to expose your ego ? I see no problem with this, why do you ?

??

I think that answer is quite helpful actually in understanding why you point these things out.

People are asking you in turn if You can be free of pointing out their errors. A good thing can also become mechanical, a spontaneous thing can become a rule, a friendly concern can become nagging. You know, it becomes repetitious. As a parent we have to give the kids some space to do wrong. etc Balance it, talk more about your own problems for a while. Those kind of things.
lmp

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:04 am

Phil2 wrote:

??

True to form as usual. One might call it a rut. Point to other's as having egos that need to be addressed, but never your own.

Lets talk about your ego instead of others. Don't you think it's time to explore your own issues here? Why be so afraid? There is clarity to be had for a little honest review. It would be a refreshing change.

Remember, it's you who keeps the ego subject on this confrontational course. There are other effective ways to explore our human nature.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 am

E2B apologies for diverting the topic so much.

My original question to Phil was pointing to self awareness of patterns of behaviour, and Phil if you are aware and you have a mission, please, share your mission statement and the underlying energy of it - it may well be altruistic, honest, generous & compassionate - we are not the ones experiencing the impetus, you are, and we may be misunderstanding that.

Phil, what triggers this in you to respond this way?

For me, and until the mods tell me otherwise, this is a space for sharing all perspectives, (somewhat respectfully :wink: ) in whatever arising from differing perspectives, each within our own awareness, capacity and willingness.

For me a forum is like a yarning circle. Yarning circles became public forums, became town meetings where ideas and concepts and yes problems, were discussed in order to bring people to more awareness about the differing perspectives on those topics. In understanding we can all widen our circular understanding, rather than one opinion being forced upon others.

For me, science has the same opportunities and the same difficulties, in order to truly be open minded, one must recognise their own thoughts have no more validity than any other, and any proof is subject to the same limitations and adjustments, and criticisms as any other.

In some societies yarning circles were banned because they were 'dangerous' to those who sought power for themselves, and information is and always has been, power. I was raised in a democratic family, and wider society, where even the smallest voice was heard and valued for its contribution, even if not for the value of the content, but for the value of their participation in the process.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby dijmart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:47 am

Webwanderer wrote: 'I Phil, am like Jesus, and I come to expose all egos, (except my own of course).'

:lol: Too funny!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:33 am

lmp wrote:
Phil2 wrote:

??

I think that answer is quite helpful actually in understanding why you point these things out.

Yes, as I said I don't have any 'hidden agenda' ... I have always been clear on this ... when I see ego at work I just expose it (as a 'fact') ... and this is enough to be considered as an hostility or an 'attack' ... because ego does not like to be unmasked and exposed ...

Well I am responsible for what I say not for how others interpret and react ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:38 am

Webwanderer wrote:
Phil2 wrote:

??

True to form as usual. One might call it a rut. Point to other's as having egos that need to be addressed, but never your own.

Lets talk about your ego instead of others. Don't you think it's time to explore your own issues here? Why be so afraid? There is clarity to be had for a little honest review. It would be a refreshing change.

Remember, it's you who keeps the ego subject on this confrontational course. There are other effective ways to explore our human nature.

WW

But isn't it what happens in this very discussion WW, several (angry) posters here try to expose my ego (some as a 'retaliation' or 'revenge' to past hurts), trying to contradict what I say and make me wrong, no ?

So what did you find dear friends ? Did you find my ego ? Did you find my fears ?

(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:46 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:My original question to Phil was pointing to self awareness of patterns of behaviour, and Phil if you are aware and you have a mission, please, share your mission statement and the underlying energy of it - it may well be altruistic, honest, generous & compassionate - we are not the ones experiencing the impetus, you are, and we may be misunderstanding that.

But Jen I said it several times, I just say what I see and I stick to facts ... when I see ego at work I just expose it ... and egos won't like that of course ... but I don't consider this as a "mission" ... is it a "mission" to see things as they are ?

I even started a thread about 'emotional intelligence' to clearly express this

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13012

Are we here to share opinions and find comfort and reassurance in a 'like-minded' environment and agreements or are we here to clearly observe and understand how tricky ego is and always comes back by some backdoor ?

??
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Onceler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Actually, as I said to you many times before, I and many here are here to share opinions and to find comfort and reassurance in a 'like minded' environment. Life triggers our egos perfectly, we are not here for that. Many of us don't have spiritually minded friends and company and we are here to find comfort and community. And to find stimulation and new ideas. Exactly that. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I don't think triggering someone else's ego is difficult nor a goal to be pursued, we all do that naturally in the course of interaction, nor do I see anywhere in Tolle's writing that he is encouragies this practice. What is a skill and art is to transcend the ego and rise above it in our discourse. That happens here quite a bit in my opinion. We may not agree with each other, but we respect each other's points of view and very gradually expand our own position. I have grown from this much more than someone 'irritating' on these forums. The energy of ego transcendence, community, and respect feels so much better to me than discord and I think this is the beginnings of Tolle's idea of a new earth.....not intentional ego triggering.

We are guest here and need to be civil with each other. When I get invited to someone's house for a meal, I don't try to trigger their egos as a chef by subtly criticizing their food. I enjoy the meal and the companionship. Were I to do otherwise, I probably would not get invited back.....

(Just to preempt your reliable response to this, yes I did insult you year and a half ago and I'm sorry....but I have been civil since. This is all we are asking as fellow guest).
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Onceler wrote:Actually, as I said to you many times before, I and many here are here to share opinions and to find comfort and reassurance in a 'like minded' environment. Life triggers our egos perfectly, we are not here for that. Many of us don't have spiritually minded friends and company and we are here to find comfort and community. And to find stimulation and new ideas. Exactly that. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Do you mean you are looking for more ideas ? more thoughts ? ... don't you have enough of these ?

??

Looking for psychological comfort is just feeding ego a little bit more ... why not leave your comfort zone, why remain in the security of the known ?

I don't think triggering someone else's ego is difficult nor a goal to be pursued, we all do that naturally in the course of interaction, nor do I see anywhere in Tolle's writing that he is encouragies this practice. What is a skill and art is to transcend the ego and rise above it in our discourse. That happens here quite a bit in my opinion. We may not agree with each other, but we respect each other's points of view and very gradually expand our own position. I have grown from this much more than someone 'irritating' on these forums. The energy of ego transcendence, community, and respect feels so much better to me than discord and I think this is the beginnings of Tolle's idea of a new earth.....not intentional ego triggering.

As I said it's not a "goal" or a "mission" ... just observation ... facts ... what is ...

We are guest here and need to be civil with each other.

(Just to preempt your reliable response to this, yes I did insult you year and a half ago and I'm sorry....but I have been civil since. This is all we are asking as fellow guest).

Yes civility is important (btw did I ever insult anyone here ? can you substantiate that ?), one must be at a distance from emotional reactions of anger, frustration, fear etc when ego is challenged, which does not mean to say things that necessarily please others because once again pleasant words are not true and true words are not pleasant ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Links