37 Tidbits of Higher Consciousness

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

37 Tidbits of Higher Consciousness

Postby fedemart » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:58 pm

LINK: http://daringtolivefully.com/higher-consciousness

I liked the link, so I'm reading the "Handbook of Higher Consciousness" now, by Ken Keyes Jr.

This guy had an interesting point of view. Reprogramming your brain to transform "addictions" into "preferences" could be the practical handbook that some of us need after spiritual awakening, in order to live in the now, while also making plans, being active, creating things, falling in love, etc... In order words, a practical handbook to live an active life, instead of a contemplative life, while staying in the present.
fedemart

Re: 37 Tidbits of Higher Consciousness

Postby CaiHong » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:54 am

Thanks Fedemart for the link,

I like the wording of preference over want. The other day I lost my cool when a motorist nearly ran me down, I had been congratulating myself on how much better I was handling the unconscious drivers when I found myself in the path of some maniac, my fear quickly turned to anger and lasted 5 minutes or so. At first I justified the anger then tried to change the emotion and felt I had let myself down by my angry reaction, I finally settled on accepting the anger, the emotion and move on from there and remembered the story ET related about the 2 monks and the one monk carrying the woman in the silk kimono across the water. I felt rewarded as I rode through the park and was able to witness 3 guys with motors strapped to their backs landing 20 metres next to me. My anger had delayed me by 5 minutes. Thoughtfully my daughter my daughter in law gave me a jumbo sized bell.
The point to my ramblings would be, I would prefer to have a smooth trip to the park but that was not the case, I was not hurt and I was scared and the fear helped me to pedal faster to get out of his way. if I had been hurt that would have been another scenario but I wasn't, the ensuing emotions are what I need to learn how to handle. I think something is getting through, yesterday I dropped my iPad and broke the screen but I hardly reacted, not even a damn.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby Onceler » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:44 am

Yes, good link. I enjoyed the read. I think I'll try the preference thing....take it around the block a couple of times.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Onceler » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm

The more I work 'preferences' into my language and cognitive structures, the better things seem to go.....good stuff.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Return to Recommended Links