The Ego Is My Friend

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: The Ego Is My Friend

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 1:27 pm

DavidB wrote: I prefer to sit in a warm lounge chair.

Lets begin here, sit in a warm lounge chair perfectly comfortable, no environmental effects to cause discomfort. Sit perfectly still, perfectly comfortable. How long until some pressure in your bum starts to bother you, or maybe in your foot, or your leg begins to fall asleep and the cold tingles begin to annoy you. The mind starts to churn and give reason to move, an itch presents itself on the end of your nose, if only you could scratch it. Before you know it you've moved or adjusted posture(reacted) instead of simply being with this moment as it is.

Abandoning spirits, is not possible, you have to walk the path and liberate these energetic entities, you must purify the mind you carry to end suffering. There is so much attachment to this body, this must be come out of, we must slowly untie the knots and let go.
Fore

Postby rachMiel » Sat May 23, 2015 4:32 pm

DavidB wrote:This is why I always recommend abandoning the spiritual path, as that path simply personifies the same pattern of victim hood as before but much more covertly. It's a further identification, further formalization of self, but now achieving spiritual transformation. The Ego has come in through the back door, and loves it.

I see you and raise you: Abandon all paths that lead to an imagined somewhere, all striving to become better/different/enlightened/whole. Just let it all go ... and relax into your present experience.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Onceler » Sat May 23, 2015 6:07 pm

I think all roads go to the same place in the end, doesn't matter which one you take. You might have a preference for the scenic route, a short cut, the low road or the high road.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby rachMiel » Sat May 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Onceler wrote:I think all roads go to the same place in the end, doesn't matter which one you take. You might have a preference for the scenic route, a short cut, the low road or the high road.

All roads (eventually) lead home in'nt?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Onceler wrote:I think all roads go to the same place in the end, doesn't matter which one you take. You might have a preference for the scenic route, a short cut, the low road or the high road.

Where is the end?
What do you mean by a road?
Fore

Postby Onceler » Sat May 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Good questions, I have no idea. My guess is the road is life, as it unfolds for each of us, the end is probably death.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 9:13 pm

rachMiel wrote: I see you and raise you: Abandon all paths that lead to an imagined somewhere, all striving to become better/different/enlightened/whole. Just let it all go ... and relax into your present experience.

I'm calling your bluff. Is this what you tell someone suffering from anxiety or depression? Just relax fella, let it go, simply be this experience. Your gonna get punched in the face rach.
Fore

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Onceler wrote: My guess is the road is life, as it unfolds for each of us, the end is probably death.

“Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.” Eckhart Tolle

The road is eternal, the end of the road is death. Is this what you mean?
Fore

Postby Onceler » Sat May 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Fore wrote:
Onceler wrote: My guess is the road is life, as it unfolds for each of us, the end is probably death.

“Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.” Eckhart Tolle

The road is eternal, the end of the road is death. Is this what you mean?

It's actually a very good quote and sounds good. I'm not wise enough to come up with that on my own, so no, it's beyond my understanding of things, but I like it.
Last edited by Onceler on Sat May 23, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 9:30 pm

rachMiel wrote: All roads (eventually) lead home in'nt?

If life is eternal, and life is the road, how does time/thought(eventually) fit with eternity?
Fore

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Onceler wrote:
It's actually a very good quote and sounds good.

This is truth.

Onceler wrote:
I'm not wise enough to come up with that on my own, so no, it's beyond my understanding of things, but I like it.

I'm glad you like it, but it does not bring me any closer to understanding what you meant with your original comment.
Last edited by Fore on Sat May 23, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fore

Postby Onceler » Sat May 23, 2015 9:48 pm

I retract this. This was an unedited post.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Fore » Sat May 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Onceler wrote:I retract this. This was an unedited post.

No worries, done.
Fore

Postby Onceler » Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 am

Fore wrote:
Onceler wrote:
It's actually a very good quote and sounds good.

This is truth.

Onceler wrote:
I'm not wise enough to come up with that on my own, so no, it's beyond my understanding of things, but I like it.

I'm glad you like it, but it does not bring me any closer to understanding what you meant with your original comment.

You don't understand it because I don't understand it. The longer I live, the less sure I am of things. It feels kinda good not to know or imagine I know. I honestly think all roads lead to something, shall we say meaningful. That's it. That's all I know. And that's just a hunch. How would I know anything else?
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Mystic » Sun May 24, 2015 8:06 am

Fore wrote:
Lets begin here, sit in a warm lounge chair perfectly comfortable, no environmental effects to cause discomfort. Sit perfectly still, perfectly comfortable. How long until some pressure in your bum starts to bother you, or maybe in your foot, or your leg begins to fall asleep and the cold tingles begin to annoy you. The mind starts to churn and give reason to move, an itch presents itself on the end of your nose, if only you could scratch it. Before you know it you've moved or adjusted posture(reacted) instead of simply being with this moment as it is.

Abandoning spirits, is not possible, you have to walk the path and liberate these energetic entities, you must purify the mind you carry to end suffering. There is so much attachment to this body, this must be come out of, we must slowly untie the knots and let go.

This is true for me. Daily meditation helps very much to become more aware and experience what Eckhart Tolle calls "Presence".
Mystic

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Links