Non-Duality

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Postby summer » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Awesome sharing, Dave :D

I am still reeling from reading that interview too. In a wonderfully exciting way :lol:

And for me it is also more of a stepping back and away from the reference point in the head. I probably won't ever know what IT IS. But I can recognise what it IS NOT.

Reading that article showed me areas that I was still clinging to. And thinking that they were presence (or whatever term we want to call this no-thing)
I feel like a rug has been pulled out from under my fit, and I am spinning in a free fall :)

Something that does help though is this deeper knowing that I exist. It is always with us, and it comes from somewhere other than the mind. Maybe this is all we need? I don't know.
summer

Postby spatialbean » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Hi Dave and everybody,

I experienced the same sort of feeling when I read these pages. It was only what I could describe as a bubbling up of something. (No I don't need Beano!) It was a good bubbling, but also scary like some kind of a shift was happening, but also laughter mixed in.

It began when I was reading a part and experiencing the idea at the same time of being lifeless form, then animated form.

This is very trippy and fun at the same time that we are all taking this step together, from understanding non-duality mentally to experiencing non-duality.

I don't know if what I experienced a few months back was the same thing we are aiming for. I was concerned for a friend who was very upset, and I began to form ideas of how to explain to her to be at peace around whatever the situation was. I became peace myself. Not at peace, not embodying peace, I was peace. I was the thing itself. I can barely explain it, other than while embodying peace is a beautiful feeling, being peace itself has no description, but there is no confusing the two.

We are aiming for the same thing, correct? Not being aware, not embodying awareness, but being awareness itself?

Blessings and love,
Claudia
spatialbean

Postby DavidK » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:57 am

Hi Summer and Claudia,

I loved both of your posts.

And sometimes this all strikes me very funny, us all sitting around trying describe what is by definition indescribable. But we try anyway and it just makes me smile and laugh. It's like some absurdist game we keep playing because we are powerless to stop playing. :D

I also think it is interesting that Heidi first started this thread over a year ago, December of 2004. But hey, there's no such thing as time so... lol

Dave
DavidK

Postby phil » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:04 am

Great post Dave.

DavidK wrote:Every boiled down nutshell loses it's sense of accuracy for me very quickly.

OK, if you mean words aren't the experience, I hear you.

If you mean something else, still listening here.

Upon more reflection, I guess I was observing that 100 pages of words seem to be having some usefulness to us. We all know they are just words, but yet we are reading them repeatedly, analyzing them with highlighters, discussing the words we've read with more words of our own etc.

Even the perfect nutshell will still be just words, just not 100 pages of them. :-)

I find myself drawn to a wholistic view of awakening.

As example, the words are just words, but where would we be without them? Are any of us capable of getting where we want to go all by ourself?

Our egos ask us to be enlightened, because that sounds like the ultimate thing "I" could be. Who starts on the path without ego??

Pain seems to be the fuel that's driving most of us down the path.

Pain, ego and words. All valid members of the team? A round of applause for them?

To get even more banal, do you ever think about all the purely mechanical aspects of how a teacher's teaching travel from their brain to ours?

Computers, printing presses, web servers, truck drivers, the UPS guy, phone lines, accountants, a free political system, etc etc.

If we can't awaken by ourself, and Tolle doesn't live next door, then isn't all this mechanical stuff as important as any other part of the awakening process?

Where do we draw the line between "the awakening process" and "all that other stuff"?

More useful perhaps, WHY do we insist on drawing that line?

DavidK wrote:However, lately it seems that every statement I read, that knocks me off my block of thinking that I partially grasp all this, pushes me into a frustrating sort of confusion.

I love this!

Doesn't the frustration originate in the theory that our human form should be capable of either understanding _or experiencing_ "All That Is"?

Do dogs demand the ability to do algebra? Are deer bummed that they can't fly?

Isn't this just our ego again, declining to be one very tiny and very limited piece of an immeasurably large puzzle?

We can ask the questions, isn't that big enough?

A bunch of squirrels chew up all our theories and experiences. And then a hawk eats the squirrels. And we're left with...

Nothing.

The Power Of Ignorance.

Gotta go, I hear hungry hawks circling overhead.... :-)
phil

Postby summer » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:40 am

I am really enjoying this conversation. Maybe we are all talking about something that is way beyond words, but I feel the love in your words and that is precious in itself :)

Claudia shared

I was concerned for a friend who was very upset, and I began to form ideas of how to explain to her to be at peace around whatever the situation was. I became peace myself. Not at peace, not embodying peace, I was peace. I was the thing itself. I can barely explain it, other than while embodying peace is a beautiful feeling, being peace itself has no description, but there is no confusing the two.

So, so true. When we are connected with Life, there is no confusing the difference with being identified with the mind stuff.

Today I was reminded of Owl Medicine. They are well known for their acute hearing and seeing. And, of course, their sound.

Who, whoo, whooo...

Rather than putting our attention of what we are seeing, we step back and notice who is seeing? Who is hearing these sounds? Who is thinking these thoughts?

summer

Postby be-lank » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Beautifully written, Summer!

Beautiful Truth.

Now where can I get this Owl?

I am in love with this Owl!
be-lank

Previous

Return to Recommended Links