# Law of attraction.

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

# Law of attraction.

Postby Marcel Franke » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:33 pm

---ooOoo---
Marcel Franke

Re: # Law of attraction.

Postby karmarider » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 pm

The LOA will be used in future marketing textbooks as the iconic example of getting people to flock. One has to admire the gall of pushing something so obviously narcissistic and egotistical as a spiritual practice. We are somehow able to comfortably believe the universe ignores the desperate intentions of starving children who intend food with all their being, just so she can move her entire might to manifest our petty desires.
karmarider

Postby johny » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Desperateness gets you more of it.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.
johny

Postby johny » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Few things I want to say: The hungry children inherit the vibrations of hunger and starvation from their parent and their surroundings. The children of the rich are often rich and the children of the poor often poor. Until the poor kid has sheer determination.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.
johny

Postby karmarider » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:08 pm

johny wrote:Few things I want to say: The hungry children inherit the vibrations of hunger and starvation from their parent and their surroundings. The children of the rich are often rich and the children of the poor often poor. Until the poor kid has sheer determination.

Yes there is something to that. Patanjali, in Yoga Sutra, wrote two thousand years ago that clear consciousness manifests instantly. The ACIM says thoughts can move mountains. My personal experience supports some of this.

It's the proverbial horse before the cart thing. Awaken first--in the cluttered mind manifestation cannot work. After awakening, using the LOA is like a billionaire begging in the streets (I'm stealing the metaphor from Arjuna Ardagh).

My point was, let's look at the desperation to flock to something that promises easy manifestation of egoic desires.
karmarider

Postby itstitania » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Wow.... this topic is right up my alley.

What I have learned so far on my journey living in the present and working the tools of the universe and the law of attraction- is that I am living an abundant life right now at this present moment. What got me to this point is understanding the sheer power of our emotions. The LoA works most harmoniously when I allow the universe to work through me for good without attaching ANY material expectations to my actions through my ego. (But it sure takes patience, and constant internal inventory....)

I look forward to coming back later to this thread... at this moment my 3 yr old princess is paging me...

here is my personal journey blog about how i use the LoA... and various other spiritual tools:
http://www.getcurious.info
itstitania

Return to Recommended Links