Great Freedom

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: Great Freedom

Postby Sighclone » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 pm

There is no person who rests in Self Awareness. One does not return to Self Awareness because one never left it. Self Awareness is not a mind state. Lastly, one does not go in and out of Self awareness. It is simply a realization. It is not subject to being unrealized, forgotten.

Although this is profoundly true, for those of us not fully self-realized, we need repeated experiences or glimpses. Passing from 24/7/365 unconsciousness to fully abiding Self-Realization simply seems to take time. It took Adya 15 years of failing to find it. The taste is compelling, of course. Maybe that need is the reason we turn to 'practices' -- to hold on longer and 'keep going' as Adya did.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Here is a link to frequently asked questions of the "Great Freedom Teachings". For many, this clear and simple approach, will be a real game changer in the movement toward awakening.

http://www.greatfreedom.org/faq.html

Enjoy,

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Onceler » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:25 am

Good link, Web. Very good energetic read.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby enigma » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:28 am

Good stuff. I especially resonated with the "What resting isn't" section, which reflects a lot of what I've tried to say here.

"What Resting Isn't

Resting as awareness does not mean trying to get rid of thoughts and emotions, or ‘witnessing’ the thoughts, or trying to enter a ‘state of emptiness’, or a ‘bliss state’ or a ‘non-conceptual state’ where no thoughts arise. Awareness is naturally present within and underlying all thoughts and states, and remains unaffected by them, so using effort to try to enter a state is of no use whatsoever. Instead, we should simply rest as the awareness which is already always present, no matter what our state of mind may be.

making effort to get into a non-conceptual state (as is done in some types of meditation), is missing the point, for awareness is already fully present within all states, and unaffected by them. Trying to enter a state, whether a non-conceptual state or a state of bliss or ‘emptiness’ or ‘no I’, is always futile, for all states are impermanent, whereas awareness, the fully relaxed ground of all being, is permanent and changeless, present within all states, and its discovery is made through the cessation of all effort."
enigma

Postby Peaceman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 am

"Your presence is noticed in 'your' absence." enigma
"awareness.....cessation of all effort" enigma :D
Peaceman

Postby Onceler » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:30 am

This material is powerful. So simply presented. It is stripped down and elegant.

More later.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:04 pm

I found this link to some Great Freedom teachers videos. Want to regain your clarity? Spend some time with these, and apply the teaching in your own life.
Simple. Clear. Effective.

http://vimeo.com/gfteachers/channels/page:1/sort:recent/narrow:subscribe

Enjoy...

WW
Webwanderer

Postby arel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:58 pm

So simple, clear, practical and immediately available. Thanks for the link WW.
What I say is only my viewpoint.
arel

Previous

Return to Recommended Links