Headless

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Headless

Postby colinw » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well. I am sure that this is familiar to many of you, but I thought I would share it anyway, as it is quite new to me (I stumbled across Harding's work this morning via the index of a poetry anthology, and also, coincidentally (!), a little later on via the Ramana Maharashi Foundation website):

http://www.headless.org/experiments.htm

I haven't properly explored this yet, but would be interested to know what others think/ feel...

Happy New Year to you all! (or perhaps I should say to 'One and all'?) :)

Colin
colinw

Re: Headless

Postby Sighclone » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 am

His comments on enlighenment seem correct if derivative. Can't get into the headless metaphor...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Ananda » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Can't get into the headless metaphor...

It isn't a metaphor, it's a bunch of experiments designed to directly point to reality. No thinking necessary.
Ananda

Postby Sighclone » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 am

Harding:
Look at your own body - it disappears above your chest. You are headless. Your body emerges from being, from spacious awareness. There are two sides to you – your individual humanity down there, and this spacious awareness at the top of the circle {of people}.

OK it is both a metaphor and an exercise. There is one thing I like about Harding -- he helps us answer a fundamental question: Why do I have a body? Which is related to the old Ramana inquiry "Who am I?" or "What am I?" Some of the exercises are amusing. But he has a quite didactic tone. Another internally consistent set of pointers -- might appeal to some folks.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Recommended Links