Big Movie Blog

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Big Movie Blog

Postby Sighclone » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 am

Suzanne Foxton is a yank living in the UK. She has built this huge blog around nonduality and woven a big essay around many movies, with excerpts. Here is the link: http://www.nothingexistsdespiteappearan ... gspot.com/

I was impressed, but it is VERY wordy.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Big Movie Blog

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:46 am

Wow, Andy, "huge" is not how I'd describe the blog, but there ya go.

My main goal with the blog, if it can be described as such, using both "my" and "goal" advisedly, "main" too probably, is to write well.

I've done a few interviews and one "satsang" in Chicago with Richard Miller of nevernothere.com; if people ask me, and I'm available, I do it...whatever comes out, comes out.

I started the blog to avoid having to talk to actual persons in my life about whatever-it-is that seemed to happen to me. Again, take all that with a grain of salt. Not a thing has actually happened to me, but language is dual, and ya gotta work with it best ya can.

The film clips are a recent addition to the blog, mainly because, in the story that seems to unfold, I'm a big movie buff.

If you browse the earlier entries, it's just lots of big, 25-cent words accompanied by my attempts at photoshopped personal pictures, and a few of my collages.

It's probably not a bad idea for one of the (many!) nondual voices "out there" to be a bit on the literate side; literate persons, even though they don't actually exist, have a better chance of resonating. Not that it matters. It is, however, fascinating.

Have a look if you like...but I have no idea what I'm talking about!

Love, Suzanne
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Sighclone » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:03 am

Suzanne -

Your 'satsang' with Richard Miller is revealing, too. But the interview on conscious.tv with Renate McNay is the real gem. I'm going to recommend it to our members -- it's here:

http://conscious.tv/nonduality.html?bcp ... 0547283001

Suzanne was at a difficult point in her life and had her first big kensho while washing dishes...

And I take back "huge." I did not at first realize that much of the left column is links to other blogs!

Thanks for your blog, Suzanne, and thanks for joining here -- sorry we didn't welcome you at your initial post last November!

But mainly, thanks for your voice and your unique expression of Self.

Namaste,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:13 am

Hey Andy,

The kensho never stopped. It never began. It never happened. As, presumably, you know.

Namaste to you too! Although I prefer "wassup" or the version for those fond of the brevity thing, "sup".

Love, and sup, Suzanne
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Welcome Suzanne. I was wondering how we could have all missed a hello to a new member, but I see your first post was not in the "Introductions". Well, a belated welcome and thanks for stopping in. And thanks to you Andy for your eagle eyed discovery of another fine non-dual site. The world may actually be waking up.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 am

And what if "the world" "woke up"? How can that be any different from the perfection that is?
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Suzanne Foxton wrote:And what if "the world" "woke up"? How can that be any different from the perfection that is?

The difference would be in the experience of the perfection. Granted, there is perfection in rape and murder just as there is in love and compassion. The experience however is somewhat different, especially the up-close and directly engaged experience.

It appears that waking up to a clearer view on the nature of being must be worthwhile, or the contributors on forums such as this and the many writers of books on the subject, wouldn't bother encouraging others to do so.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 pm

And how is "worthwhile" judged? Who judges it? How is one thing less worthy than another?
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:33 pm

In the spirit of answering questions with questions - who determined that perceiving something as worthwhile as being a matter of judgment? And just because some condition is perceived as being worthwhile in a given context does not preclude something totally different being worthwhile in another context. And without a who to judge can there even be a judgment? And is this discussion turning a bit silly or am I just imagining it - if of course the was an "I" to do any imagining?

On the other hand, without anyone doing any choice making, or holding preferences of any kind, then there can be no active debate or interactive discussion happening anyway. It's just an appearance of an imagining and this dialog is nothing more than mechanics in action. Now if only it was known how the imagining came to be, we could dispense with all the speculation and go enjoy an imaginary beer. Maybe I'll have the beer anyway. Just have to wait an see if the universe manifests it in my imaginary experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:02 am

Although there is no time, it's always Miller time.
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Sighclone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:05 am

I think Eckhart felt and expressed some judgement when he noted that 100 million people were murdered or died as a result of war in the 20th century. I also think he believes that if everyone had been awake that the number would have been much smaller. I agree.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:15 am

I agree with your assessment Andy. If "everyone" was awake, I'd say about 100 million smaller. :wink:

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:59 am

It's just as well, in the unfolding story, that we don't know what's going on, what to do, or what the goal is. Without war and poverty, there'd be rampant overpopulation. The story sucks, until it doesn't.
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 am

It's just as well, in the unfolding story, that we don't know what's going on, what to do, or what the goal is. Without war and poverty, there'd be rampant overpopulation. The story sucks, until it doesn't.
Suzanne Foxton

Postby runstrails » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:11 am

Great discussion!

..he believes that if everyone had been awake...

Wanting everyone to be awake--- isn't that resistance (or non-acceptance) of what is right now?
runstrails

Next

Return to Recommended Links