Big Movie Blog

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: Big Movie Blog

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Hey runstrails, Amen.
Suzanne Foxton

Postby arel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:05 pm

As I see it love is a mind-body state. Or description of the accepting nature of awareness. There is more of it as one gets out of his mind and into the body. Notice what ET says in that quote "If there isn't an emanation of love and joy, complete presence and openness toward all beings, then it is not enlightenment." There is a "toward all beings" there. Not just unconditional love. When I'm in my body looking at a person, tree, sky, animal, etc, there is the emanation of accepting movement towards, enjoyment of it, some call it love maybe. But let's say I see something nasty, blood and gore, or some bad smell, would someone here say there is love towards it? Maybe, if one wants to use that term in that way. I'd rather call it acceptance, as in awareness of it, if I'm present.

So all the talk about morality, it really just a selfish drive, nothing special about it. I do feel a sort of love for other people, I don't want them to get killed, or hurt. So wars and suffering to defend made up ideas in ones head do feel like insanity. I see suffering, I want to help, because I know what it feels like. Morality is selfish and normal in that. Instead of calling something moral or immoral, how about calling it natural and unnatural, because that's what it is. Are you naturally in touch with the space of the present moment that we are, or are you unnaturally only lost in your ideas in your head?

Being in touch with ones body is key. That's why it would help to have more women in the government. At least they pay attention to their bodies. Or just have the eggheaded aliens lost in their big heads that brainwash our societies do yoga or something... That should be a requirement for running for office, or being a teacher, or parent. Get them out of their heads. It's all good though. This will not last. It just can't, it's a self healing universe we live in.
What I say is only my viewpoint.
arel

Postby Beyondthought » Thu May 06, 2010 1:41 am

Avatar what a fantastic movie. VERY SPIRTUAL. Check it out!
Beyondthought

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 am

I keep hearing that "I Heart Huckabees" is all about oneness. Has anyone seen it?
Suzanne Foxton

Postby snowheight » Sat May 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Suzanne: saw that before I read PON. There is this scene where Dustin Hoffman uses a tablecloth to explain to Jude Law how (and I paraphrase) "you, I, the ocean and the supermarket all are the same thing...". I remember it as a light, funny, gentle romantic comedy. Perhaps I'll re-watch it now and look for the clues.

Andy's post about Nancy Danison finally has led me to hold forth on this thread about Thorton Wilder's "Our Town". The references to awakening, while not explicit, are very stark.

I'd also note that the recurring thread in Hollywood about artificial life that rises up to attack humanity is a reflection of the phenomenon of the relentless assault we all face daily from the dead mind of conditioning as evidenced in the behavior of individuals and institutions. The best example of this is "Terminator" (the first version, which is a direction by James Cameron of a Harlan Ellison story). It is very violent, but surprisingly, it has a very powerful and poignant love story at it's core. A comparison of the subsequent careers of Schwarzenegger and Biehn are a sad sad commentary on the current state of our civilization.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Mon May 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Just remember - the Terminator was the good guy in the second film! Question all assumptions always.

Michael Biehn is GREAT. Loved, loved, loved him in Aliens. Seeing this and that snippet about him, I deduce that he suffered from mediocre agent syndrome. If you're playing the game - play it well!
Suzanne Foxton

Postby snowheight » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Suzanne Foxton wrote:If you're playing the game - play it well!

:D Thank you for this very direct, simple and very very important signpost 8)
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby Sighclone » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes. And if I'm not mistaken, the moment you have a thought (or a feeling), even before coffee, you are in the game.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Oh please God no, no no no, NOT BEFORE COFFEE!!!!!!!
Suzanne Foxton

Postby heidi » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 pm

the moment you have a thought (or a feeling), even before coffee, you are in the game.

Funny I always call it the MOVIE! :lol:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Sighclone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:02 pm

I like MOVIE...'game' kind of implies outcome, winners, losers...and MOVIE has roles...

Thanks!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby snowheight » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Saw something I think is worth mentioning in this thread: "In the Loop".

It is a very funny fast-paced and very British comedy about the dark topic of war and political machinery. It is not explicitly about enlightenment (with the exception of one metaphorical scene near the end which is relevatory for a few of the characters (wasn't to me) and happens in the "UN meditation room"), but rather paints almost cartoon-like presentations of several egoic archtypes, such as a passive-aggressive powermonger who maintains their position from an apparent position of weakness, the unthinking childlike but big-hearted "buffon" and an ego-crushing authority figure who cuts everyone in his path down to size.

It might be worth keeping an eye out for subtle references to awakening as clued by a (somewhat synchronistic, from my perspective) reference to "I Heart Huckabees" at the end.
snowheight

Postby Sighclone » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 am

Also saw "in the Loop" -- it's very glib, with lots of busy one-liners, and much to say about the phoniness of egoic posturing in politics.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby Suzanne Foxton » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:14 am

Despite living in the UK I've never heard of "in The Loop" but I'll look it up.

There are roles, outcomes, in the story that seems to unfold..."awakening" or "enlightenment" isn't some pure state where these things don't seem to exist anymore...perhaps, they are just not the be-all and end-all anymore.

Whatever parameters the mind puts on absolute existence - or whatever we're calling it today - including what I'm typing now - that's not it. Yet, of course, that IS it, as it's everything. Love the paradoxes!
Suzanne Foxton

Postby Sighclone » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Peter Fenner's fine book "Radiant Mind" addresses paradoxes as a very natural form of nondual expression. From page 193:
In Eastern cultures, sages move fluidly and confidently in the paradoxical domain without any trace of self-consciousness or distress. They know from experience that paradox and contradiction are inevitable when we enter the space of unconditioned awareness, and they welcome paradox because it points to the reality that cannot be captured by our thoughts...When we speak from within an experience of unconditioned awareness about unconditioned awareness, paradoxes can flow forth as joyful and exuberant expressions of mental energy that is usually trapped by the need to appear sane and sensible.

To yield is to conquer, etc...

Andy
Sighclone

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Links