Consciousness, The Ultimate Fronteer

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Consciousness, The Ultimate Fronteer

Postby Webwanderer » Sat May 15, 2010 11:03 pm

This is a recent video (March 2010) from Thomas Campbell, author of My Big TOE (Theory Of Everything). It is a most excellent description from a scientist on the nature of life. Campbell was an early pioneer with Robert Monroe in the study of OBE's in an effort to document experience of alternate realities with science. It's probably not going to set well with those who have an adopted the opinion that alternate realities and/or free will do not exist, but Campbell breaks it down to an understandable level that makes it hard to deny. His theory covers the Essence of who we are, the Law of Attraction, entropy, evolution, free will, and the nature of past and future. In this video Campbell discusses the important role of choice as it relates to the evolution of consciousness.

It's about 2 hrs in length but well worth the time for those who seek an understanding beyond simple concept of "there is no me". If this seems to be a bit of a challenge to such thinking, well, it is. We all come to this teaching with an interest to greater clarity on our true nature. This video may help.

http://vimeo.com/11005286

WW
Webwanderer

Re: Consciousness, The Ultimate Fronteer

Postby snowheight » Sun May 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Paraphrase of Campell: "so they left the detectors on but just didn't collect any data, for example, if the detector signal was hooked up to a tape recorder, the head of the recorder would still be getting that signal, but they wouldn't be recording anything ... so what did they get? ... THE DIFFRACTION PATTERN!".

To directly quote Cypher (as played by "Joey Pants") -- "Why oh why didn't I swallow the BLUE pill?"
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Re: Consciousness, The Ultimate Fronteer

Postby Sighclone » Mon May 17, 2010 6:57 am

I've read "My Big TOE" -- wonderfully funny but so many words! Great historiography of some major pathways to inner space.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Recommended Links