The Practical Neuroscience of Buddhism

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

The Practical Neuroscience of Buddhism

Postby zackster » Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 am

I feel like this one could benefit you guys :) When I was reading "power of now" I thought to myself, "sounds great", but I didn't really understand how or why it worked. This may help some.

http://www.zacharyburt.com/2010/05/the-neuroscience-of-buddhism-practical-tips-via-insightful-framework/
zackster

Re: The Practical Neuroscience of Buddhism

Postby Sighclone » Tue May 25, 2010 3:59 am

Thanks, zackster, I ordered it -- let us know how the supplements work...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby zackster » Tue May 25, 2010 4:07 am

Sighclone wrote:Thanks, zackster, I ordered it -- let us know how the supplements work...

Andy

You're welcome. I will be sure to post the link here when the post is ready.
zackster

Postby kiki » Tue May 25, 2010 5:19 am

Sounds very intriguing - thanks for the heads up.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby runstrails » Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Just read parts of it online--and it reads very credibly. I've ordered it too. Thanks for the rec.
runstrails

Postby snowheight » Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 am

Thanks for that post ... it motivated me to buy Csikszentmihalyi's books. I'd heard about them elsewhere and look forward to using his take on these ideas to improve my concentration on work.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby Sighclone » Wed May 26, 2010 7:43 am

Having not yet read the work yet, but revewing some of the IONS stuff (http://www.noetic.org/), I wonder if we will be chatting about the chicken and the egg.

Does enlightenment cause all the measurable somatic changes or can that process be reversed with diet supplements or spiritual practices or drugs, producing enlightenment...?

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Recommended Links