Amazing documentary

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Amazing documentary

Postby Natalie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Strongly recommend the documentary “Encounters at the End of the World”. Its attempt to trace back the evolution of life to its earliest stages is fascinating. As one of the South Pole’s resident scientist puts it, men and women from all over the world, showing the same tribal markings (thirst for truth) gather at this incredible remote location to explore the edges of a map.

The interviews with cellular biologists and physicists are eye openers, as are the interviews with truck drivers, cooks and drivers, all enlightened people who feel an inexplicable urge to gather in this frigid place.

One of the researchers living there, studies the neutrino, the first type of matter that existed right after the big bang. According to the researcher, this matter exists in a separate universe form ours, but passes through ours close to the speed of light, merging with ordinary matter, going up our nostrils and through our organs. He calls it the spirit of God.

Another super interesting character, a bus driver I believe, who perpetually “sinks into bliss” recites the following quote from the British philosopher Alan Watts: “Through our eyes the universe perceives itself, through our ears it listens to its cosmic harmony. We are witnesses through which the universe becomes conscious of its glory and magnificence”.

I rented the disk from Netflix.

Natalie
Natalie

Re: Amazing documentary

Postby Quinn » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Sounds great, Natalie. I'll rent it. Thanks!
Quinn

Re: Amazing documentary

Postby runstrails » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Sounds fabulous. Thanks for the review.
runstrails

Return to Recommended Links