Amazing clarity

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Amazing clarity

Postby Natalie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:16 am

Came across the following interview about self realization and enlightenment and thought about sharing with this forum.

The answers given by the teacher being interviewed resonated as deep within me as PON did upon reading it for the very first time. This is the best ‘description’ of what happens after enlightenment that I have ever read or heard. This is by far the clearest pointer I have ever been led to. The followign is part of an answer given in response to "What is love?:

“Appearances no longer seduce us into believing that duality, separation, objects and others are real in their own right and therefore it is known that they can never threaten us nor be a source of Happiness. Psychological fear and the desire to find Happiness and Love through objects, activities and relationships comes to an end. As a result, the world is no longer hostile and ‘others’ are no longer a source of love or hurt. There is no longer any aversion towards or manipulation of objects and people and, as such, we can give ourselves utterly, intimately, fearlessly, to all experience. This unreserved giving of our Being to all seeming things is known as Love. It is from this understanding that William Blake said, 'Eternity is in love with the productions of time.' Love is what remains of experience when all sense of separation, boundary, duality, otherness, etc., dissolves. At that moment it is realised that it was all that was present to begin with. Love is simply that which truly is.”

Here is the link to the full interview:

http://advaita-academy.org/interviews/R ... Spira.ashx

Natalie
Natalie

Re: Amazing clarity

Postby kiki » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Natalie, Rupert Spira's book The Transparency of Things is very good.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Natalie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:11 pm

kiki, glad to hear Spira is an author you know.

His answer to the question "Do you believe in reincarnation?" didn't particularly resonate well with me, but I am open to the possiblity that my resistance to his opinion could be my ego trying to secure an identity in the afterlife. This is what he answered:

"I don’t believe in incarnation, let alone reincarnation!

Incarnation is the concept that Consciousness was born into and resides in a body. It is never an experience. To believe that concept is ignorance. Unhappiness is the result."

Ouchhhhhh!!!!!

I could never bring myself to believe in the version of afterlife sold by the culture I was born into, but this reincarnation business was begining to make some sense, only to have Spira pull the rug out from under me.... well not quite, I am curious now as to how he knows that reincarnation is not an experience but just a concept. Can we say for sure that something does not exist because we lack the experiential substantiation?

Natalie
Natalie

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Reincarnation may be depended on from where it is you are looking. From an earthly physical view it looks like reincarnation is for real, with past lives, future lives and the like. However from a spiritual realm view it may be more of an experiential adventure in a limited and specified consciousness. Just my two cents.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Kae » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Natalie wrote:Incarnation is the concept that Consciousness was born into and resides in a body. It is never an experience

I think he is doing what many other spiritual teachers do. He gives answer that is a bit of a shocker, to shake up people's ideas. There, he is bringing attention to the fact that consciousness never born into a body, but that it exists independantly of physical reality. So he kind of answers that question with a very different point - that incarnation or reincarnation doesn't really matter, because consciousness always exists, through death and through life.

That's how I understand those few lines you quoted.
Pura Visio, Pectus Apertum, Pax Interi
Kae

Return to Recommended Links