Presence Software

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Presence Software

Postby Awarenecessity » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi,

I recently created a piece of software to help me stay present throughout the day.

It's a very simple program, it's basically a timer. Every fifteen minutes a message box is displayed with a quote from a spiritual teacher. After clicking okay, there is a 20 second pause. In this pause, you have the opportunity to be aware, e.g. watch your breath/feel the inner body/listen to the wind. After 20 seconds a sound is played. I added the sound because I like to have my eyes closed while focusing on the inner body. The process repeats every 15 minutes.

During the pause, mouse input is disabled. I added this because my ego is very good at convincing me that I don't even have 20 seconds to be aware, so I would just keep on working sometimes :lol:. After the pause, mouse input is enabled again and you can continue whatever it is you were doing.

Here's the download link:
http://wikisend.com/download/169404/Presence.exe
Note: To stop the program, right-click the green H in your system bar and click Exit.

If anyone has suggestions on how to make the program better, don't hesitate to post your ideas :D .
Awarenecessity

Re: Presence Software

Postby runstrails » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 am

I can't really recommend this link--since I have not tried it.
If anyone tries it, would they let us know how it works.
Welcome, awarenecessity!
runstrails

Return to Recommended Links