The Fundamental Reality of Love - or Zero Point Energy

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

The Fundamental Reality of Love - or Zero Point Energy

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:03 pm

It is said that humankind's purpose is to learn the nature of Love. "Love thy neighbor as thy self". "All is Love". "The answer is Love". etc. etc. etc. NDE experiencers consistently report that the quality of spiritual being is related to the depth of unconditional Love. But the human experience, buried in egoic perspectives of judgments of right and wrong, make a clear perception of Love's mechanics generally unknown.

The following video (about 10 minutes) is a genuine eye opener, and awakens a deeper understanding on how life is designed. Understand what this video points to as the basis for living and a paradigm shift in perspective is more than just possible. I find it that insightful. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_wwZS3_eFI&feature=related

WW
Webwanderer

Re: The Fundamental Reality of Love - or Zero Point Energy

Postby snowheight » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:49 pm

'Wanderer, thanks for that man. Lots of jumping off points for further investigation.

My first take on this is that the author is someone who wanted to justify, in a sense, and provide a more concrete, quantitative based definition of the "new-agey" use of terms like "energy". Well they seem to have done a good job, and I'm sure that when I do the same investigation into credentials as Campell gave in his presentation that the mind will be sufficiently soothed.

There were a few slides that seem to suggest an assumed context on the part of the author. I'll try to track those down. A rational link between the "nameless" as the author refers to it, the physical sciences and the biological sciences would take our minds further up the asymptote toward greater understanding of important parts of a whole that will ever be beyond their reach.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 pm

snowheight wrote:the physical sciences and the biological sciences would take our minds further up the asymptote toward greater understanding of important parts of a whole that will ever be beyond their reach.

Agreed, but who can say for sure what is truly beyond the reach of our understanding? Maybe the Whole is indeed more than we can perceive from this human perspective, but what is yet within our reach if we are but diligent in our exploration and ever open to greater possibilities of perception?

This video seems to be a deeper look into the law of attraction. Not so much from the much maligned perspective of getting more stuff, but from the understanding that we have a great deal to do - through our thoughts, feelings and emotions - with forming the nature of our experience.

Knowledge is power, and to apply this knowledge through the recognition of our mental/emotional processes as they spontaneously arise from our conditioned belief structures, offers a functional path to a more enlightened, peaceful and loving existence.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby nutrition » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Interesting, but no pointers there on how to practice unconditional love.
Every spiritual teachers emphasizes the importance of it and yet it is so hard to feel it for our "enemies"unless we involve the brain at some level, the heart just doesn't cooperate. Thus the concept of a broken heart and the feeling of no-love towards whomever we believe caused it.

It is a big challenge to love unconditionally and very few, I believe can actually do it. I am sure all of us have people in our lives who do not trigger feelings of love at all and the explanation from the video surely does not help with how to practice giving unconditional love to those folks.

blessing
nutrition

Postby snowheight » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 pm

nutrition wrote: how to practice unconditional love.

how to practice what we are?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby nutrition » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Right...but can you say that you practice unconditional love with everybody you interact with? Can you honestly say that? And when you catch yourself not having but loving thoughts for a fellow human, how do you correct it?
blessing
nutrition

Postby snowheight » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 pm

nutrition wrote:Right...but can you say that you practice unconditional love with everybody you interact with? Can you honestly say that?

No, I can't honestly say that... but I'm answering from within the context of a falsehood (a separate self).

nutrition wrote:And when you catch yourself not having but loving thoughts for a fellow human, how do you correct it?
blessing

Here is a shortcut ... but in taking a breath and in getting present it can be felt that there is nothing to correct.
snowheight

Postby nutrition » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Thank you snow. Breathing really helps!
blessing
nutrition

Postby snowheight » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:55 pm

nutrition wrote:Thank you snow. Breathing really helps!
blessing

:) Namaste!
snowheight

Postby Elle » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 am

I found this very compelling, thank you!
Elle

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 am

nutrition wrote:Interesting, but no pointers there on how to practice unconditional love.
Every spiritual teachers emphasizes the importance of it and yet it is so hard to feel it for our "enemies"unless we involve the brain at some level, the heart just doesn't cooperate. Thus the concept of a broken heart and the feeling of no-love towards whomever we believe caused it.

It is a big challenge to love unconditionally and very few, I believe can actually do it. I am sure all of us have people in our lives who do not trigger feelings of love at all and the explanation from the video surely does not help with how to practice giving unconditional love to those folks.

blessing

Consider the practice of appreciation. There is so much in life to appreciate if we but recognize the essence in each moment. One can feel the flow of positive energy through the perspective of genuine appreciation. If we appreciate life itself, is that so different from love? And if we appreciate life unconditionally....

WW
Webwanderer

Postby randomguy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:59 am

Agreed, but who can say for sure what is truly beyond the reach of our understanding?

I submit for consideration that most any can. From here (whereabouts unknown), This clearly is beyond conceptual understanding.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby Ziendus » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 am

On the one hand,"practice" and "unconditional" feels kind of wikkytikkyh.
That's dualism for ya.
And yet, practicing kindness, which immediately includes ourselves,
might be our eye-opener for love.
---ooOoo---
Ziendus

Return to Recommended Links