Space/time-- Speed of light and Neutrino's!

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: Space/time-- Speed of light and Neutrino's!

Postby unbornawakened » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Did you mean that ET coined the word/concept psychological time ? Because he did not ... who did I am not sure ... but Krishnamurti talked about it ... even the Seth channeled books from 60s/70s use that word ..
snowheight wrote:Contemplating this brings to mind ET's distinction between "clock time" and "psychological time", because if one time can communicate with another, even as Einstein's speed limit is called into question, his vision of all time actually existing is reinforced.
unbornawakened

1-page summary on the neutrino

Postby unbornawakened » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Very informative summary of milestones concerning the neutrino

http://www.ps.uci.edu/~superk/neutrino.html
unbornawakened

Postby snowheight » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:38 pm

unbornawakened wrote:Did you mean that ET coined the word/concept psychological time ? Because he did not ... who did I am not sure ... but Krishnamurti talked about it ... even the Seth channeled books from 60s/70s use that word ..
snowheight wrote:Contemplating this brings to mind ET's distinction between "clock time" and "psychological time", because if one time can communicate with another, even as Einstein's speed limit is called into question, his vision of all time actually existing is reinforced.

Well thanks for the tasty breadcrumbs uba -- I've only read four books based in non-duality (three of them Tolle's), so I bow to your knowledge on this.

Regardless of the origin of the concept, faster-than-light neutrino's would, if a fact, seem to sharpen the "Time is an illusion" pointer to "Psychological Time is an illusion" ...

It didn't occur to me to mention this before, but weakening the bullwork of causality of course impacts us all on a very personal level, that of our individual stories.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby ashley72 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:10 am

Einstein vindicated as neutrinos obey speed limit :D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-17/einstein-can-rest-easy-as-neutrinos-obey-speed-limit/3895896

"The evidence is beginning to point towards the OPERA result being an artefact of the measurement," CERN research director Sergio Bertolucci said in a statement.

But he added that the scientific community needed to be rigorous and further tests were planned in May using more pulsed beams from CERN to provide the final verdict.
ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

It's official => http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_neutrino_anomaly

In 2011, the OPERA experiment mistakenly reported neutrinos appearing to travel faster than light. Even before the mistake was discovered, the result was considered anomalous because speeds higher than that of light in a vacuum are generally thought to violate special relativity, a cornerstone of the modern understanding of physics for over a century.[1][2]
ashley72

Previous

Return to Recommended Links