Is Enlightenment Permanent?... Mooji

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: Is Enlightenment Permanent?... Mooji

Postby randomguy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Sighclone wrote:Aw c'mon random, we want answers, not hard questions!!

Which is, of course a compliment about your fine post -- thanks very much. The problem with questions (and I ask them all the time) is that they trigger the mind to grind away. All of your questions address the "I-thought." For many people, even the concept that "I" might be a thought is radical...let alone how to deal with memories, this ghostly "witness place," and Mooji's big question "Can you, the Perceiver, be seen?" -- these are all wonderful food for the mind.

But, of course, the mind cannot answer them. Which is why your post is so special. Full of unanswerable questions. The brain just starts to hurt. Maybe it will go away long enough for me to wake up :mrgreen: Because I am not going to wake up answering all these questions!!

Andy

:)

Yes, food for the mind, that's right. In one respect, what isn't food for the mind? It's potentially any thought or experience. "Mind" or the experience of it is sort of like a wonderfully resilient mold and all it takes to grow from it's tiny spores is our attention drifted from it's source. This attention "outward" (as Ramana put it) provides the petri dish. The nature of this mold is imagination and we in the worldly sense of a people and culture are supreme addicts. Isn't is incredible that this/'whatever we are' can forget itself and grow it's own world where interpretation is truth? This we call unenlightened, but it is only called this from the perspective of the grown world (or Worlds Gone Wild, volumes 3-8)

"Because I am not going to wake up answering all these questions!!" <-- the attitude of truth

" The brain just starts to hurt" <-- For some of us it's the brain and the heart too that hurts and the experience of suffering is seen as so bad that all that is known is given up to reveal what was ignored. And a good question or Tolle simply saying, "You are not your thoughts" is enough to start the question engine that tears stuff apart and provides an opportunity to trust the settling in as the quiet emptiness found amid the tear-down.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby Sighclone » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 am

Indeed, many have been seekers, and for them, suffering is the ignorance causing the seeking. Oddly, before my big blowout kensho in February, 2008, I was seeking big time and didn't even know it!!!! Or at least did not identify the search as such. I have been interested in spirituality for many years, and equally interested in "the deepest truths" whether the answers come from science or not. I was dinking around in the shrubbery when it all got blasted away.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby randomguy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Beware the shrubbery
Or the interest in truth.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby goldieflower » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Thanks, ashley, I enjoyed this. :D
goldieflower

Postby ashley72 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 am

goldieflower wrote:

Thanks, ashley, I enjoyed this. :D

Hi Goldieflower,

I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Have you heard of Nirmala? I found him recently online... his video Satsang's are really profound. This morning I was listening to his Satsang on - "What You Are Is Space"

While I was listening to his Satsang... I really start to embody the aware space that I am..... it was really wonderful to listen to him describing the state of pure awareness whilst at the same time experiencing "that space".

He also has a beautiful Satsang on "Love Is for Giving". I highly recommend him... if you are looking for something to meditate on.
ashley72

Previous

Return to Recommended Links