The People Who Make This Possible

What you can do to show your appreciation and support.

The People Who Make This Possible

Postby erict » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:40 pm

Every once in a while someone says how glad they are to have found this forum and how grateful they are for the people who are making this possible.

Then one sunny day it occured to me that I should offer these people a a way to express their gratitude more fully. :)

After long and difficult negotiations I finally forced Heidi and Kiki to comply and now am finally able to provide the general public with their amazon wish-lists.

I know how painful it is when your heart overflows with gratitude and you have no way to express it. :) That's where I come to the rescue! :D

Heidi :arrow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1TTZOM9E28T3J/

Kiki :arrow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/132M2P3JLT85B/

Erict :arrow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3C59DTO7TUA34/
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Wish lists

Postby Goldenflutist » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Erict. I noticed the wish lists looks old. Have you aquired the things on the list for yourself by now? If you did purchase something, do you remove it from the list so someone else does not buy it for you?

GoldenF
A dog's eyes reflect the innocence and beauty of nature.
Goldenflutist

Postby erict » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:20 am

Hey. Actually I forgot all about them. Mine wasn't updated, but no one actually ever bought me anything, and as far as I am aware neither for Heidi or Kiki as well. I just updated mine. Just in case, who knows... :)

It is surprising that there are many people who visit the forum quite regularly and find it invaluable and overjoyed it exists, but will not make the smallest gesture to support it by their own initiative. Since I've put up the PayPal donations button many months ago only 1 member donated money to support to site.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: The People Who Make This Possible

Postby BevBeing » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Hi Erict

I like to think I'm a bit technically savvy, but please point me in the direction of the PayPal button, as I've searched & can't seem to find it ?

Hopefully I'll then be present enough to provide the forum with a present

Thanks
BevBeing

Postby erict » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:54 pm

That's was an immediate giveaway that you're new to the site. :) So firstly welcome.

The button used to be at the top in the forum before we moved to a newer version of phpBB just a few days ago. I just hadn't set it up on the new one yet, because it's so rare that anyone would actually wanna use it . :roll: But now, after a bit of searching and tinkering with the template, you can find it once more, only this time at the very bottom.

Thanks for your kindness and support.
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby domokato » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:20 am

I didn't even notice it was there. Maybe you should move it to a more obvious position :). I suggest right under the title/subtitle and next to the picture of Eckhart.

EDIT: Also, for usability, you could make it open in a new window since it's hard to get back here after donating :)
~housecat
domokato

Postby clarecherikoff » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Being brand new to forums and seeing this post I know I would like to see photos of who runs this site and a little bit of info about you. It would make it personal and that would make me want to support the people and the forum.

I hope that helps,

Clare Cherikoff
clarecherikoff

Postby heidi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 pm

That's me in my avatar. :) And Clare, I just updated my wish list to include your book.
Eric is a very handsome young man - also very busy and not around much. The rest of us are geezers - good looking geezers. :mrgreen:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby karmarider » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm

"The Most Rapid and Direct Means to Eternal Bliss (One)" is on someone's wish list, and I thought I would point out it is available online.

And though I have not tried it myself, this looks like a good idea: http://bookmooch.com/
karmarider

Postby spikyface » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I just tried to buy something from the wish list but it needs me to enter the recipient's address (which we don't know)

A lil help?
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within
spikyface

Postby kiki » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:13 pm

I just tried to buy something from the wish list but it needs me to enter the recipient's address (which we don't know)

Send them a PM asking for it.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby CaiHong » Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 am

I would like to donate to the forum but I don't have a paypal account in my name, years ago a friend let me use her credit card and PayPal account using my own email address and since them I get messages from PayPal and I have tried to explain the situation so that I can get a PayPal account, finally I just gave up. So

can I pay money directly into the account?
CaiHong
CaiHong

Return to Support the Forum