Grateful to have found this forum

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
WatcherLK

Grateful to have found this forum

Post by WatcherLK » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Irish, and have been learning from ET's teachings for a few years now. I've very recently had my own shift into consciousness. I don't know anyone else who is conscious and so I am feeling a little bit....different to everyone around me.

I want to tell everyone I'm close to about The Power of Now, but I don't want to force anyone to listen/read before they're ready.

If you've introduced anyone else to the teachings, how did you go about it?

Thank you.

Sighclone

Re: Grateful to have found this forum

Post by Sighclone » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Welcome WatcherLK:

My wife was born in Dublin, although we both now live in the US, in Washington State. I had a big awakening experience about 12 years ago and was a bit silly, sending copies of PON to people like old professors from uni, and good friends - sort of saying "hey this is real, it happened to me." All were so kind and patient, like one treats a puppy. But, of course, none of them had had this experience, at least not more than a glimpse. My suggestion is that you hang around here, commenting on other posts, reading replies, etc. If you approach the topic with friends and family, be careful...people tend to be wary of the topic and might secretly label you as a kook. I'd also discourage you from jabbering away in the workplace for the same reasons.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Welcome to the forum WatcherLK. I agree totally with Andy's take on talking with friends, family and acquaintances. Be who you are and if someone inquires as to you being different go easy. Exuberance on this subject rarely has the positive outcome you would like.

WW

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:52 am

Welcome aboard, WatcherLK. I can only echo Sighclone and Webwanderer's advice about not sharing this with just anybody, even family members. I've learned the hard way that that's nearly always a sure-fire way of turning people off. Your best strategy in how to 'talk' about this is simply to live in presence and over time others may approach you about changes they see in you. Then come at them from more of an oblique angle than a 'head-on full frontal assault' in what they should do to feel better about themselves and their life situation. Feed them little bits of insight from your life when it seems appropriate for them to hear something, but not in a way that seems to be pushy.

For example, introduce the idea of presence by saying something like, "Have you ever just stopped and felt what it's like to just be here? Not to think about it, but just to feel it? I have, and when I do that I notice..." It will take patience on your part and some creativity to lead them to where the door cracks open a bit for them. So you have to learn to 'read' where they are and see how they respond to what you say before giving them more. Saying too much too soon can scare them away.

In the meantime, become more and more established in presence yourself so that you can meet all circumstances from the perspective of open and innocent awareness of what's unfolding around you. In other words, nurture abidance in your true nature.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Dcdc

Post by Dcdc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:47 pm

WatcherLK wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:03 pm
Hi everyone!
I'm Irish, and have been learning from ET's teachings for a few years now. I've very recently had my own shift into consciousness. I don't know anyone else who is conscious and so I am feeling a little bit....different to everyone around me.

I want to tell everyone I'm close to about The Power of Now, but I don't want to force anyone to listen/read before they're ready.

If you've introduced anyone else to the teachings, how did you go about it?

Thank you.
Hello, my friend. It's nice to meet you. :- )

So, what I do is:

- I do my best to be present as much as I can (I take this very seriously);
- From time to time, people ask me about how can I be so calm, etc, hehehehe;
- Then I just feel if it's a good moment to talk about it. If it is, I do my best to talk to the person the way I think it's better in that moment. Sometimes the person feels very interest and even start to meditate seriously as well (I have one or two friends who did this); but sometimes the person just isn't so much interest anymore. And that's okay too, isn't?

I don't like having the initiative to talk about it with people. I prefer to be present, living my ordinary life one step per time and letting people ask about this if they want to.

(I'm sorry for my english)

Best regards. :- )

oak tree

Post by oak tree » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:05 pm

I would just focus on being as awake and aware as possible. If people start notice changes and asking questions then I might talk to them about it. Unless they genuinely seemed interested I wouldn't talk too much.