Hello myself.

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello myself.

Postby Red » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Eckhart has helped my way of thinking to progress and I will always be grateful to him individually for being the vehicle of that.

I am Red, 20 years old, from Essex, England.
I have realised lately that my whole life has revolved around worry, fear, anxiety, disatisfaction and ego to counter the former entities.

Although I feel that I have accomplished this new sense of being quite well so far (I am only a few days in) I do constantly fall back into the noise of thought, and often lately I have conceptualised Eckharts beliefs and even they can end up as thought; any advice?
Red

Re: Hello myself.

Postby tod » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Welcome Red.

...I do constantly fall back into the noise of thought,

Have you noticed that the I that falls back into thought is only what you think you are, not what you really are - which is the awareness that has noticed this.
tod

Postby Red » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:55 pm

tod wrote:Welcome Red.

...I do constantly fall back into the noise of thought,

Have you noticed that the I that falls back into thought is only what you think you are, not what you really are - which is the awareness that has noticed this.

:o Thank you, I am still very new and I have only grasped some basics of understanding :)
Red

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:19 am

Welcome Red. The good news is you can't ever get it done so there's no reason to be in a hurry. Well, you can get done with ego identification, but the evolution and growth of clarity has no end. Being in a hurry is an ego function in any case. So if you find yourself impatient for results you will know it's just another opportunity to recognize ego in action. And living the moment with patience presents an ease of being that makes life more enjoyable.

You can adopt limiting ideas for a time (we all do), but a commitment to clarity will ultimately free you from such distractions. Appreciation for life and all its manifestations is a key perspective through which to approach any experience. You can't change what is in this moment, but you can effect how you perceive what unfolds. There is value in everything, and appreciation is an important path to alignment with Source that is our essence. It is that alignment with Source, that brings clarity and expansion to our life.

Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Introductions