Hello from Melbourne!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from Melbourne!

Postby Ervin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 am

Hi everyone. My real name is also Ervin and I live in Melbourne. I am 33 years old. About three months ago I went to the book shop and was looking for self help books, now because Eckhart's book The Power of Now mentioned God but couldn't tell any religion I decided to buy the power and Stillness speakes. Later on I ordered A New Earth from the book depository. I havent actually read stillness speaks because I gave it to someone and they are taking their time with reading it if at all.

I am also a member of Eckhart Tolle meditation meet up group in Melbourne.

I used to be suferer of paranoid schizophrenia but now I don't believe I have an illness any more but I still have to take the medication. In a New Earth Eckhart talks about my ex illness that is suposedely for life if you have suffered a certain number of episodes.

Anyhow I am glad to have found out about this forum since Eckhart Tolle is my favourite spiritual teacher of all. I am super happy to have come to buy his books. I believe in every word he says.

Thanks
Ervin

Re: Hello from Melbourne!

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Welcome to the forum Ervin.

Tolle, as are all teachers, is valuable to the degree that his pointers inspire in you a direct connection to your own inherent wisdom. Clarity trumps knowledge. Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby randomguy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 pm

I gave it to someone and they are taking their time with reading it if at all.

I know how that goes. I lent a special hard cover book once that took 3 years to make its way back. :)
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:03 am

HI Ervin welcome to the forum.

I'd be interested to hear how you view your relationship (interaction) with the elements of your illness/ex illness. And particularly the things you feel people misinterpret both about the illness and about you in terms of it.

We're a widely accepting bunch here, as I'm sure you'll learn if you read many of the topics.

Welcome again, look forward to hearing your views.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Ervin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks everyone. Smiileyjen, I am most likely going to post a story in the General discussion on my experience with healing from schizophrenia and how I am stuck now with not being legally able to refuse the injections wich are very harmful.

Thanks
Ervin

Postby milo842 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:31 am

Hi Ervin, I am too from Melbourne and I have a Father that suffers from undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenia. I am 38 and left home when I was 18 and ever since I was a little girl I lived with his illness. I only recently am coming to terms with his illness and would love to help him because he is very spirtual. I know that only he can help himself but I would be very much interested in your story. People around me feel that I should get a Doctor to him and get him on medication but I am resistant to this. I am the only one he trusts. My mother (who no longer lives with him) is on antidepressants and I don't think they are helping her. I personally am in between moments of real beauty (being in the NOW) and moments are complete frustration with my life. Busy careered focussed husband, children who require all my energy, materialist life which I don't want. I love my family all dearly but I feel that I want to just sit on a park bench like ET and mediatate!
milo842

Return to Introductions