hello I'm from texas

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

hello I'm from texas

Postby lax2020 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello i'm from texas. my name is anthony. I'm somewhat of a shy person, so bare with me.

How did i get to know ET? well about 2 years ago my sister introduced me to the power of now. I started reading it, and then like a dummy i followed it religiously. After 2 years I've settle down now and gotten more interested in his teachings. I read a new earth, and i loved it.

I'm 6'3 and weigh 130 lb, i'm very skinny for a man, but suits me fine. Currently i don't do anything with my life, I'm on social security because I'm suppose to be schizophrenic.

Ever since my mom died 2 years ago, my life changed forever. I still think a lot about death and i often seem pessimistic. I found this forum through google search when i was searching what a frequency holder is.

I still slightly have an ego, i guess i'm built that way xD.

Any how thanks all for letting me introduce my self.
lax2020

Re: hello I'm from texas

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 am

Hi lax, welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy having a good look around and making new friends here.
You may like to read Ervin from Melbourne's posts, he's new here too.

I'm sure your life did change completely when your mum passed away, condolences.
We have some interesting discussions about death and what comes after here.

cheers Jen
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby lax2020 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 am

Yes i'm enjoying the forum. Ever since my mother died, my self spilt into 2 "things" the voice in my head, and this watching entity. But the watching entity always gets consumed by the voice, so rarely do i feel stillness, because i'm always speculating, judging, and making so much commentary LOL.

Thanks for the warm welcoming. I love listening to others experiences and comparing them with my own so i know that I'm on the right track.

I still have much to learn, but i'm thankful to have found a spiritual community. Here in Texas, it's a nightmare of ego.

Thank You.
lax2020

Postby kiki » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 am

Hi lax, and welcome to the board.

But the watching entity always gets consumed by the voice, so rarely do i feel stillness, because i'm always speculating, judging, and making so much commentary

The fact that you know you are doing that is very good. What must be present for that to happen? Whatever "that" is, it is effortlessly present, is it not?

As you watch more and more closely you'll come to the point where you see those impulses to speculate, judge, and comment as they first begin to arise. Then it's simply a matter of letting that impulse die on the vine. In other words, when you are conscious of doing something you can simply let it go or follow through with it - instead of unconsciously getting caught up in mind like before you can consciously let it all drop. When that happens you'll find yourself in an alert stillness and silence, the natural unconditioned state of consciousness.

Once again, welcome to the board -
kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Salem » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:19 am

A kind and gentle greeting.

The Power of Now was recommended to me by a friend when I was going through some anxiety and decisions I had to make at the time.

Take the teachings on this board and the ones recommended by others at your own pace, and follow what resonates with you, not by how popular it is or isn't, but most important is not to force anything. :-)

Welcome to the community here!
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart
Salem

Return to Introductions