Hello from the US ( Miami)

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from the US ( Miami)

Postby Blu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm very excited to have found this site. It means I'm not alone in my quest to feel united, and whole. I'm 34 male and in a state of transition. Most of my life 99.9 % has been from the ego state of mind. So I'm at the beginning stage of awareness and learning to be present each moment.

I'm naturally a great person with a lot of passion and compassion, this is quite profound after many years of trauma as a children and just plain horrible experiences. So I'm blessed in the sense that I still see and feel this passion and compassion.

However right now is really hard for me, just coming out of being addicted to drugs and alcohol ( this was the only thing I thought could help me with the insistent nag in my head, little did I know) I have been sober for 5 months. I'm finding it really hard to get away from the nice cozy identification I have with my thoughts. You know where we believe we are our mind. I really want to brake this identification and become aware and live from a state of freedom and natural expression.... I so desire this. But it's so hard after all these years. Any thoughts are most appreciated and I'm glad to have found this site.

CARPE DIEM
Carpe Diem,
Gary B
Blu

Re: Hello from the US ( Miami)

Postby kiki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Welcome to the board, Blu - glad you found us.

First, congratulations on your newfound sobriety. Secondly, I suggest you take some time to explore the site - there is much here to see, and there's a good chance that any questions you have will already have been addressed. And lastly, I would like to recommend a book that is published by Hazelden. As you may know, Hazelden is dedicated to helping people with recovery from dependency issues, and I feel that this book would be very helpful to you as you embark on your journey of recovery. It's called Already on Holy Ground, subtitled Experiencing the Presence in Ordinary Life, written by J.K. Bailey. It will demystify a lot of the spiritual life and help you see more clearly the availability of presence and peace in everyday life.

From Amazon: "A spiritual look at our potential for transformation in everyday experiences. The author encourages readers to work with their human flaws-rather than against them-to allow the divine into their daily lives."

http://www.amazon.com/Already-Holy-Grou ... 1568381077

Once again, welcome to the board -

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: Hello from the US ( Miami)

Postby Blu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:38 pm

How nice of you!! and what a treat to get this great advice. I will def check out. Bless you....

I'm looking forward to exploring the site......

Carpe Diem
Carpe Diem,
Gary B
Blu

Return to Introductions