Before sailing into the 'uncharted sea'

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Before sailing into the 'uncharted sea'

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:28 am

I think,this is a group of beginers on the path.Only at the begining,interaction could be of any help.After some point, one should leave everything behind.Money,possession,relationships,gurus everything.It doesnt mean you are going into a coma.As far as your innner quest is concerned,you are all alone.Nobody can accompany you.So,before entering into that most sacred moments of inner enquiry,we may share our thoughts,encourage each other. I think thats what we are doing here.The transmutation,miracle,happens in the Sanctum Sanctoram of ones consciousness.Nobody else has any roe in it. My name is Mathew,by the way.Lives in Kerala,India.
Mathew Kalavany

Re: Before sailing into the 'uncharted sea'

Postby the key master » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 am

Ill take the money and the possessions, hehe. Welcome to the forum mathew.
the key master

Postby Marcel Franke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Matthew:
> I think,this is a group of beginers on the path.Only at the begining,interaction could be of any help.After some point, one should leave everything behind.Money,possession,relationships,gurus everything.It doesnt mean you are going into a coma.As far as your innner quest is concerned,you are all alone.Nobody can accompany you.So,before entering into that most sacred moments of inner enquiry,we may share our thoughts,encourage each other. I think thats what we are doing here.The transmutation,miracle,happens in the Sanctum Sanctoram of ones consciousness.Nobody else has any roe in it. My name is Mathew,by the way.Lives in Kerala,India.

The problem is, we have got some liquor stores here in the west, but no toddy shops.

; - )

Welcome !
---ooOoo---
Marcel Franke

Before Sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi,MF.Like your comment.But,I dont understand the connection.Anyway,I can inform you something.Natural toddy is very rare in Kerala,but, we have we have some better substitute,for those who need it.
Mathew Kalavany

Postby Marcel Franke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Cheers and Namaste !
---ooOoo---
Marcel Franke

Postby Donna » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 am

Mathew Kalavany wrote:Only at the begining,interaction could be of any help.

Holy crap! Then I'm in a lot of trouble, considering I'm always coming back to a beginning! Different every time, of course, but still "a beginning." Good thing this forum exists! :D I gotta get a tip in the bowl soon!

I am not mocking you, Mathew, just having a bit of fun...
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Postby Donna » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 am

Oh yeah, and about the title of this post...

I had a dream not too long ago (I'm a big dreamer...remember a lot of dreams...do dream interpretation)... it went like this...

I was on a vessel on the rolling ocean. I was not steering the ship...the "captain" had the wheel. We were cutting across these massive waves. While in the dream, I could observe the boat from outside of it...the boat looked so puny compared to the waves! Yet the captain was doing a good job...making it look sooo easy navigating over these big, rolling waves. I felt safe.

And then to the left this enormous cruise ship comes into the picture and it looks like it's going to cross our path! YIKES! I was a bit frightened! But the captain just calmly steered the boat in front of that huge ship...no rush...just glided right across...as if there were no worries..not a care. And the cruise ship missed us.

In this dream and others like it where I've been on a bus, etc. where there's been a "driver" or someone else in control, I can never see the face of the driver. I just cherish these dreams!

It may feel like sailing into the "uncharted sea" but I have a strong feeling we are not alone in the process.
Donna

Before Sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:18 am

Do you really think,Donna,it is a process of evolution,so that, you can get there inch by inch?If you are not there,you are a single step away from it.You had always been.And, so are the others.Taking that step is not a process in time.Then why dont we do it?I think,because of fear.Fear of the Unknown.So,if we are not ther,we are at the begining.
By uncharted sea,I mean the personal self,conscious and unconscious.Actually this is J.K's metaphor.Who accompany me to myself? Who will be the captain?
Mathew Kalavany

Re: Before Sailing

Postby Donna » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Mathew Kalavany wrote:Do you really think,Donna,it is a process of evolution,so that, you can get there inch by inch?

What is "it" in your question of evolution? If you mean, consciousness, then yes, I do feel consciousness is evolving. I connected with what E.T. said in the beginning chapters of A New Earth. He writes that there seems to be a lot of chaos and struggle in the world these days (but honestly when hasn't there been a struggle in the history of this world? According to E.T, just more so today). He says struggle is necessary for evolution of consciousness to occur, similar to the struggle on the physicality, the need for survival, of living things over the course of many thousands of years. Consciousness needs to survive (does it? I question this myself), but in doing so, gotta struggle and sometimes gotta leap! Isn't this what our natural world shows us right before our very eyes? What purpose would it serve by lying to us?

Or, can we just not give a damn about the evolution of consciousness and be here "now" in hopes that we don't step on each other's toes? Yet, collectively, I sense that we'd be contributing to some grand scheme, some equation that is in the works. Whether a person pays attention or not to that, is neither here nor there, but they aren't excluded either.

On the second part of your question, I guess I'm one of those that does not get hung up on "getting there." I don't think there is a "there." If there is a there, great! If not, great! It just keeps expanding anyway...it doesn't care of my opinion one way or the other...

Mathew Kalavany wrote:If you are not there,you are a single step away from it.You had always been.And, so are the others.Taking that step is not a process in time.Then why dont we do it?I think,because of fear.Fear of the Unknown.So,if we are not ther,we are at the begining.

Then why don't we do it? Because people are hung up on "getting there" and they're already worried (the Fear) about having no frickin' clue (the Ego) what to do once they got there! So I say, you've got nothing to lose, take a leap, let Life lead the way....trust it.

When I jokingly referred to my beginnings earlier, I was describing a process (yes, a process!) in which I let go of something old and begin something new (that "Life leading the way" stuff), whether it's occurring physically, mentally, or a state of being. Much of this has happened to me over the past 2 years. I guess whatever is in store for me will challenge this attitude of mine.

Mathew Kalavany wrote: By uncharted sea,I mean the personal self,conscious and unconscious.Actually this is J.K's metaphor.Who accompany me to myself? Who will be the captain?

If you take the bits of my dream...the captain, the "me" (the one who freaks out), the "observer" outside the boat observing the whole thing, you can see who really is the captain. ;-)
Donna

Postby Donna » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Mathew Kalavany wrote:.So,before entering into that most sacred moments of inner enquiry,we may share our thoughts,encourage each other. I think thats what we are doing here.The transmutation,miracle,happens in the Sanctum Sanctoram of ones consciousness.Nobody else has any roe in it. My name is Mathew,by the way.Lives in Kerala,India.

BTW, Mathew, I really do agree with you that we are here for each other, and if so, then we do have a role (is that what you meant?) in each other's Sanctum Sanctoram? In the end (or the beginning), we come to our own conclusions (ack! an ending!).
Donna

Before Sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 pm

I dont see how the consciousness could evolve.The content is changing every moment.What do we mean by consciousness? Isnt it the mirror in which everything is reflected? But,if the mirror identifies itself with the images which are changing every moment it may assume that it is evolving.I think,awakening is to stop this identification.Its just the opening of the eyelids,not evolution.Struggles may be helpful.Its like nightmares push you awake.Its less likely wake up from a sweet dream.
You denies getting there.Yes,I agree.Its just being here.But most of us dont realise it. So,the illusion of advancement/evolution.
Mathew Kalavany

Postby snowheight » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:34 pm

My apologies for butting-in Donna, but hey Matt, try reading what you've written there two different ways. The first time, read it referencing the term "evolution" to the individual. The second time, read it referencing "evolution" without limiting the process to the individual ... the species ... or the planet ... or any other objectification. In that last twist reason gets lost and maybe that's a good thing.

For there to be something for there to be a perspective on it would seem that perspective is necessary. The inevitability of change is the result.

Who is it that rejects the random?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Before Sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Yes Snowheight.But,we were not talking about individual or universal evolution.We were talking about the evolution of consciousness, which,for me,is neither individual nor universal,but, the only consciousness which I presently recognise as 'me'.For that consciousness,I dont see any advancement at all.My knowledge may be expanding.My perceptions may be changing.What about you?Is your consciouness evolving? Is it better now?
Mathew Kalavany

Postby snowheight » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 am

Matt,

I don't really subscribe to any definition of that word that I can write about in this context.

I would only add that whatever it is that we're dancing around is so sublime and of such depth that I wouldn't rule anything out about it.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Before sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Do you meant to say,Snowheight,that you want to maintain the 'status quo'?By denying evolution,I didnt mean that.We may enjoy what we are doing here.We may enjoy the dancing.But,shouldn't we stop identifying with them.Presently,we recognize our own consciousness through its content.Shouldn't we see our consciousness in its true nature,without the content?And,is it a process in time? An evolution?
Mathew Kalavany

Next

Return to Introductions