Before sailing into the 'uncharted sea'

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Re: Before sailing into the 'uncharted sea'

Postby snowheight » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Mathew Kalavany wrote:Shouldn't we see our consciousness in its true nature,without the content?And,is it a process in time? An evolution?

I don't know what consciousness is.

Mathew Kalavany wrote:Do you meant to say,Snowheight,that you want to maintain the 'status quo'?By denying evolution,I didnt mean that.We may enjoy what we are doing here.We may enjoy the dancing.But,shouldn't we stop identifying with them.Presently,we recognize our own consciousness through its content.

Yeah I see what you're getting at here and of course it's the imperative practicality: seeing through, non-mentally, the veil, and then going back to living without putting it back on. At that point, when thoughts aren't us, then perhaps they don't need to make sense any longer and we can smile and nod at the notion that what is changeless, timeless and constant is engaged in the process of evolution.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Re: Before Sailing

Postby Donna » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Mathew Kalavany wrote:What about you?Is your consciouness evolving? Is it better now?

Does evolution mean better? Better than what? Better is subjective.

I view evolution to mean "expanding." Judgement is removed.
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Postby far_eastofwest » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 am

Mathew Kalavany wrote:I think,this is a group of beginers on the path.Only at the begining,interaction could be of any help.After some point, one should leave everything behind.Money,possession,relationships,gurus everything.It doesnt mean you are going into a coma.As far as your innner quest is concerned,you are all alone.Nobody can accompany you.So,before entering into that most sacred moments of inner enquiry,we may share our thoughts,encourage each other. I think thats what we are doing here.The transmutation,miracle,happens in the Sanctum Sanctoram of ones consciousness.Nobody else has any roe in it. My name is Mathew,by the way.Lives in Kerala,India.

the forum may not just be used for 'help' for some inner quest of those who visit, the 'beginners'. I don't think there are beginners, just people that don't realise simply asking the questions means they are already there....
some people may simply enjoy communication with others who have similar interests.

the miracle is done within - but it doesn't mean anyone Should leave certain things behind (though they can if they wish) .... what is on the outside is irrelevant if its all happening within, people can do what they like really.

One can be just as enlightened raising 6 children and looking after a husband and chatting on forums (though perhaps the subject of the forum may be more carefully picked) as one that 'leaves everything behind".

In fact, if i were to judge another, i may consider the latter to be taking the 'easy way out'.... how easy to not become attached when one rids themself of all things/relationships?
It seems to me it is a much more worthy challenge to have relationships and possessions and to be able to balance their worth, the effort to maintain them, the difference between want and need and the amount of Life that needs to be spent on these things and make sound decisions for a positive life than to just walk off and sit under a tree and wait for a charitable person to throw you a bone. Who really wants to gnaw at others half chewed bones?

there is always good advice to be read and given.... people to meet and greet...
"The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself" (oscar wilde)

:-)
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Before sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 am

Hi,Donna,
What do we mean by expanding consciousness?Isnt it adding more and more into its content?Shouldn't there be a distinguition between consciousness and its content?I ask this for clarification.I dont mean to cross-examination
And,to you,too,Easofwest,
Because of the replays I got so far,especially by the one I get from Eastofwest,I have to admit that,this is not a group of only the beginners.There are reached ones as well,who stay here for the sake of the others who are still on the path.And,Eastofwest,I didnt mean that we should throw away the belongings.Where we posses our belongings?In some bank locker?In some documents?I dont think so. we posses them in our mind.With such a mind,can we go very deeply into ourselves?
Mathew Kalavany

Postby far_eastofwest » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 am

i'm no expert, others will be able to have more comments about the within,
the possessions, where are they kept? good question.
I agree, our real assets are within, not without.
For me, i enjoy the forum because maybe someone may like what i write (or not) and because i enjoy reading all the interesting posts .... it is Good Conversation here, which is hard to find.
I can't imagine one of the mothers at the school drop off starting a conversation about sailing into uncharted seas and going within themselves.... and i have tried, hahaha... it is like i have grown extra limbs and a head to speak of such things!
:-)
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Postby snowheight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

far_eastofwest wrote:One can be just as enlightened raising 6 children and looking after a husband and chatting on forums (though perhaps the subject of the forum may be more carefully picked) as one that 'leaves everything behind".

In fact, if i were to judge another, i may consider the latter to be taking the 'easy way out'.... how easy to not become attached when one rids themself of all things/relationships?

Well said feow.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Re: Before sailing

Postby Donna » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Mathew Kalavany wrote:Hi,Donna,
What do we mean by expanding consciousness?Isnt it adding more and more into its content?Shouldn't there be a distinguition between consciousness and its content?I ask this for clarification.I dont mean to cross-examination

Hi Mathew,
I don't mind the cross-examination, if it can be called that...it helps me look far back(?) and touch "somewhere" or a part of me that likes to express. However, I'm sorry if I fail at making sense at times. When I do "look back" or go to that "somewhere place" I'm always encouraged to look right in front of me for examples. Mostly, those examples come from the natural world I see and experience.

So when you ask "what do we mean by expanding consciousness?" this is what it's like for me....

A plant grows upwards and outwards, at the apical meristem (growing at the tips, including roots), and at the secondary meristem (larger in diameter), as in a tree's rings. The plant's content is always "reacting" and "changing" with its environment. The plant eventually dies, yet its 'dead physical self' is used to feed and fuel the birth of new plants. And sometimes the new plants have somehow modified itself to react and change in accordance to its new environment.

Nature is a miracle. We are nature.

Sorry, but that's the best I can do. :-)
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Before sailing

Postby Mathew Kalavany » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Is it time to conclude this discussion?May be. The word'beginners' made some confusion.Actually,there cant be a beginner who has not yet reached, because,there is nothing in between beginning and reaching.No path, no betterment, no evolution.The term beginner means to indicate those who are about to take the first step.And I dont think there would be a second step.When we say 'on the path' we dont mean there is a path/advancement,but,to indicate only the duration of time involved before the beginning.Obviously, the time doesnt mean progress.It means postponment.
Mathew Kalavany

Previous

Return to Introductions