Hi there

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi there

Postby h68 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 am

Hello to all of you,

I'm new to the forum so I would like to introduce myself shortly and to "explain" why I am joining the Eckhart Tolle Discussion Community.

A few months ago I heard about Eckhart Tolle and I read The Power Of Now. I was very impressed like I never was before. Everything in this amazing book made so much sense to me that I was convinced that this is the best book I ever read.
It's not that I read so many books but more that the quality of the analysis of the inner workings of the human stroke me.
I found each and every answer to the questions that have been endlessly going inside my head for so long. I found extremely accurate descriptions of patterns that I've been repeating/fighting over and over in my life.
So I started to try to apply the recommendations to my daily life, which as anyone knows here, can be quite challenging.
I am reading a second time the book as there are countless ways to get tricked again by the mind and the pain body that it helps me being constantly aware and alert.

I am joining the forum to share experiences with others and thus to go further in the quest of becoming present. I believe sharing can help sticking to the goal and getting always closer to enlightment.

I am looking forward to sharing with you on the forum. I would also like to meet in Berlin those who can be there. Finally, I would like to spread the good words of Eckhart Tolle to a wider audience and I am also asking for anyone interested in taking part of this to join.

Wish you all a present and conscious existence.

h68
"You are not the thinker"
h68

Re: Hi there

Postby erict » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 am

Hi and welcome!

I am rereading the Power of Now again myself, and it strikes me just how much is there, and that it is a book to be read and reread many times over.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Hi there

Postby h68 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Thank you for welcoming me here,

what I found the second best thing about the Power of Now is the clarity of language and the smooth way every single concept is introduced, explained, illustrated with examples, and confronted.
This made me believed that there must be so much truth in the book, as when I read, and especially when I read "spiritual" literature, I am really suspicious and I am not accepting things without thinking about it and playing the devil's advocate.
This is interesting because English is not my mother tongue and I read the PON (I just "learned" this abbreviation for The Power Of Now on the forum) in English and I only needed to check 2-3 words.
Still I was able to understand each and every concept of the book.
Moreover, before reading the PON, I was reading a buddhist book also developing the idea of presence. This book was written in my mother tongue and was clear but even if I understood the words, I couldn't understand and assimilate some short and crucial parts (a few sentences) and concept of the book.
I was very pleased to see that rereading this book after the PON revealed the sense of those parts to me.

I am not "putting Eckhart Tolle on a pedestal" nor his book but I guess that I am just trying to tell my gratitude for receive this message so that others know that it can also change their lives or at least their perceptions.
"You are not the thinker"
h68

Return to Introductions