New to this site

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

New to this site

Postby Jbrooke » Wed May 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi all,

My name is Jen and I am and have been appreciating and engaged in Tolle's books for a couple of years now. It wasn't until recently that I decided to commit to becoming more present and I am glad to have a place where I can share my experiences and learn from others as well.
Jbrooke

Re: New to this site

Postby Webwanderer » Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 am

Welcome Jen. Your sharing is encouraged and you will likely find many willing respondents. Enjoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Geeno55 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:51 am

Hi everyone, my name is Pete , very green when it comes to using computers (bought an iPad a couple of weeks ago with never really having sat in front of one before!), but I decided I needed challenge so here I am. I couldn't quite figure out how to introduce myself so I'll do it here. I'm 57, live in Busselton, West Australia, been familiar with Eckharts teachings for about 10 yrs and "got" what he talks about in 2005. Since then I've been putting into practice what I've realized and the results have been pretty cool! Got a few friends here in Busso, mainly female, so it'd be good to share these insights with some guys for a change.thanks for having me on board and I look fwd to having this experience. Cheers Pete . P.S. one of my favorite words is "NOWHERE "! Got it painted on a sign hanging off the front verandah! Bye for now.
Geeno55

Postby kiki » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Welcome to the board, Geeno55. You are yet another new member from down under. We'll be sure to throw another shrimp on the barbie for you. :wink:

In the meantime, here are our rules and guidelines:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2051

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby SUPERDOG » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 am

Hi, I'm from China and couple of months ago when I was browsing Oprah.com for book recommendation, I found out about Mr.Eckhart Tolle. I watched the whole episode of A New Earth webinar, watched some clips from Eckhart Tolle TV and read Power of Now & New Earth. I begin to feel a little bit of impact of applying his teachings in my life and I keep trying to practice his suggestion in my daily life, but until now I don't feel that I am present enough and sometimes I still fell back to pain body life style. I hope by joining this forum, I can get answer for some of my questions because I really do not feel comfortable at all in discussing spirituality with my family and friends. Thanks.
SUPERDOG

Postby Beatles65 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:13 am

Hello All,
I am new to this site and Eckhart. I only found out about him today. I was searching YouTube videos and found one about death. I have been in terrible anxiety and pain and looking for answers. Formerly religious, I don't have that to depend on any more. So, this video was amazing and comforting. I started watching all his videos on YouTube and it resonates with me. With chronic anxiety, your thoughts are what make you sick. I would like to learn more and will be getting his books soon.

Denise
Beatles65

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 am

Welcome Superdog and Denise
Superdog said: I hope by joining this forum, I can get answer for some of my questions because I really do not feel comfortable at all in discussing spirituality with my family and friends. Thanks.

You can search here on questions that may have been discussed before and feel welcome to bring new perspectives into the discussions, I'm sure we all hope you feel comfortable here.

Beatles65 said: I am new to this site and Eckhart. I only found out about him today.

Wow, you're a fast mover :wink:

With chronic anxiety, your thoughts are what make you sick.

Interesting isn't it?

A quote from Vince Lombardi that said
Watch your thoughts, they become your beliefs.
Watch your beliefs, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become your habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.”

I would likely add
Watch your character, it becomes your perspective of life.

By changing our thoughts we change our experience of life.

Pretty cool hey?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Introductions