Hello everyone!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello everyone!

Postby Sam92 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi everyone,
Since I have read The Power Of Now, one year ago I tried my best to live in the present.
This has worked for some periods quite well with me feeling better and better. But after some time I felt so good, that I completely fell back in believing in my thoughts and forgot being present. In this forum, I'd like to contact others to exchange experiences of being present and learn how to remain present.

I'd be very grateful if someone answered.
Your Sam
Sam92

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby far_eastofwest » Mon May 07, 2012 1:20 pm

welcome,
i think thats pretty normal, when we learn something that it appears to 'work' straight away, then slip back into the old ways. its the process of life.... bit forward.. a little back... going back sometimes is good, it gives you a chance to review your goals and what you are wanting out of life before moving forward again.
Can't answer you on how to remain present - i have no idea how to do it, with three kids i have enough to occupy me and hardly get a chance to think out of the 'now' anyway!

:D
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Webwanderer » Sun May 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Welcome Sam. The Great Freedom organization is very good at training to stay present. 'Short moments repeated often' Here is a link to their website and lots of videos describing their process. Enjoy.

http://www.greatfreedom.org/thebasics.html

Adyashanti's True Meditation is another excellent resource.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Introductions