Hi I am Grave: Introspection of Introduction

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi I am Grave: Introspection of Introduction

Postby Grave » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:38 am

The more we come to know about the "Self", the more difficult it becomes to find precise words for the introduction.

Suppose- Even if I could choose the best words to describe myself, still, I’d fail to get a precise definition.

What makes me think that I am right about any introduction?
My limited knowledge about myself, or belief that I have form what other people downloaded in my mind from their judgment (in their own sense)?

What is the truth about me, remains untouched, all I can do is assume what I am, as Descartes mentioned: "I think, therefore I am"

Tolle however, denies that we are mind.

Here and now I seek truth, and so I would try to refrain from giving a wild assumption to describe the "Me"; "Me" is the Mind for me. Should someone be able to introduce "mind" perfectly someday, I guess I would find a my introduction.

I'd thank Eric for his first forum (Rb). I learnt there. And I hope I would continue to here.
:wink:

Grave (Glad to be on board)
Locating the End
Grave

Postby summer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:51 pm

Hi Grave,
are you postig from Dehli, India?
I am a great lover of a sense of international communities, and the sharing of different cultures that can emerge. I guess it is part of my "One World, One People" vision :)

What you speak of, sounds very true. I suppose Silence would describe us all the best
But meanwhile, we have chattering monkeys swinging from the branches in our minds. And sharing stories can be a lot of fun.
summer

Postby Grave » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:06 pm

summer wrote: Hi Grave,
are you postig from Dehli, India?

Hi Summer,

Yes. People here are not aware of all the cultures and traditions themselves, there are several. I would be glad too to share information though.

summer wrote: I suppose Silence would describe us all the best

Could be, but could be that we have failed altogether

summer wrote: Chattering Monkeys:

:D

These are wild and some are wise.

Most monkeys serve my Need to "Socialize" (Fear of ALONE) and Ego(I can discuss-I make sense) and so in order to achieve their purpose they say "Join us, and find others like us, we don't feed your ego, but we help you enjoy" .

Few speak are honest and they say to me:

"You are not a monkey like us, so stop jumping from one tree to another in search of more, you are a bird"

Grave(Into the noise of silence)
Locating the End
Grave

Postby summer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:09 pm

Hi Grave,
I like your sense of humor :lol:
A monkey pretending not to be a monkey, is still a monkey in my book. It is so easy to read a spiritual book and say "I am not going to speak from ego"
Uh huh. Right. :D

Have you heard Eckhart's tape of the retreat that he gave in India? I think it is my all-time favorite. There is something about the blending of eastern amd western cultures that fascinates me.
It is a great tape.

Are many people in India even aware of Eckhart?
summer

Hmmm

Postby Grave » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:08 am

summer wrote:Hi Grave,I like your sense of humor :lol:
"I am not going to speak from ego"

Hey! Thanks I am enjoying your words too :P

It is not easy to speak without ego, but it is possible, the whole-flow of ego can be reduced to traces over time. And then, if one speaks, it is because he/she wants to "Serve" not "Help" anymore.

"To Help" is an assumption that one is good enough to help someone, while to Serve, is humbleness (may be with some traces of ego in general).

Now, if that person would speak with a purpose to serve, it would be out of willingness and love (character of being-The true self), not ego. [Just a thought-Could be wrong] :wink:

summer wrote:A monkey pretending not to be a monkey, is still a monkey in my book.

Ha Ha, Very true (By YOUR BOOK)
I live by the idea of a Bird though (could be entirely wrong)
Now, there might be a book with a specie "Monkey-Bird", all in all these are just thoughts (but I will keep your words in mind--for some someday if I find that you are right about Man being a monkey as science proves, I'd be willing to change :D )..

In truth may be we are nothing at all (but the Being)

summer wrote:It is so easy to read a spiritual book and say

Couldn't agree more. And it would be wonderful to speak from "spirit" than "claim of knowledge"

summer wrote:Hi Grave,
Have you heard Eckhart's tape of the retreat that he gave in India? I think it is my all-time favorite. There is something about the blending of eastern and western cultures that fascinates me.
It is a great tape.

Yes I have heard the tape. I think people in south of India are aware (not much though) more than North. Northern people I presume oblivious (extreme North is Moslem culture-and terrorist zone-I wish they’d read). People are into multi-religions here (as I know it in and around Delhi) and follow with fake guru's who might be reading Authors like Tolle. These Gurus earn millions (tax-free). Surprisingly they get most of their donation from U.S tourists and English travelers seeking new age spirituality.

It is sad but no doubt the best business alive right now.

However, the generation of now across the nation is insulated from such mess. They read more and more and get closer to idea of "One" in their own way. Nothing organized though. (Age group 16-27 should be aware of Tolle)

summer wrote:Hi Grave, I like your sense of humor :lol:

J Most kind, and I am liking your sense already!

Grave(Accepting ego is first step to quitting it)
Locating the End
Grave

Postby heidi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:21 pm

Grave - I like how you said
"To Help" is an assumption that one is good enough to help someone, while to Serve, is humbleness (may be with some traces of ego in general).
I have found that I often operate from a place without ego, but then when I'm finished and get recognized for my good work, my ego tends to inflate. Doesn't happen when I'm in action, that's divine, it's only later.

Ha ha monkey with wings - that's the Wizard of Oz and those nasty monkeys. he he

It is interesting how gurus such as Sai Baba are big business in India, eh?

Welcome to our lively little community, which just got livelier!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby summer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:46 pm

I like tha image of Monkey/Bird.
It sounds similar to the idea of the serpent transforming into an eagle.
Or a caterpillar becoming a butterfly :)

In my book {hee hee :lol: ) Monkey thoughts are the ego hypnotized by the outside world and seeking fulfillment in a material world. And the bird represents inner peace and love. Where words and actions arise from this source of creation, seemingly hidden until we really listen.
Such joy when we pay attention :)

And yes, someone like Eckhart speaks from this ocean of Stillness. Just listening to his voice feels like nectar to my soul :)

Do you know Ramesh Balsekar? He was a student of Nisargadatta.
A friend of mine just got back from his 4th trip to India and brought back some recordings of his visit with Ramesh. For me, he didn't seem to be speaking from Presence.
But, he is the guru! And it is so easy to doubt ourselves and trust in the guru. Probably why so many of the gurus can be fooling people.
summer

Postby Grave » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:11 pm

heidi wrote:
Ha ha monkey with wings - that's the Wizard of Oz and those nasty monkeys. he he

It is interesting how gurus such as Sai Baba are big business in India, eh?

Welcome to our lively little community, which just got livelier!

Hi Heidi,
Yes I remember the Oz, I used to fear monkeys for a long time thinking that they could fly and that they are evil.. And one day I "they" made a tele-series out of Ramayana.. and Monkey "Hanumana" who could was consdiered a good boy ! (FLying monkeys may not be that bad after all :lol: )

Umm I can't tell you Sai Baba is famous Guru for real, but I can tell you that his business is flourishing :P

Thanks very much..indeed for a warm welcome note.
I am glad too.

Grave(Exploring)
Locating the End
Grave

Postby Grave » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:18 pm

summer wrote:
Monkey thoughts are the ego hypnotized by the outside world and seeking fulfillment in a material world. And the bird represents inner peace and love. Such joy when we pay attention :)

Oh Oh! that makes me a wannabe! :D

summe wrote:Do you know Ramesh Balsekar? He was a student of Nisargadatta.
A friend of mine just got back from his 4th trip to India and brought back some recordings of his visit with Ramesh. For me, he didn't seem to be speaking from Presence.
But, he is the guru! And it is so easy to doubt ourselves and trust in the guru. Probably why so many of the gurus can be fooling people.

Nope, haven't heard about him(there'd be like a millions in country of a billion)... There is no Indian Guru who speaks from heart I guess, and those who do, are not famous and not on tapes.. Real Gururs have to be found.

I'd like to tel l you that you should not waste time in all this gurus.. rather listen to silence instead of these fake tapes... you just might learn better.
Locating the End
Grave

Postby summer » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:44 pm

listen to silence

So, so true.
My favorite thing to do is walk quietly out in nature. I think I have learned everything that is truly precious to me, within silence
Mother earth is my guru :) And what a wonderful teacher she is!
summer

Return to Introductions