Finally! Found others into the Power of Now

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Finally! Found others into the Power of Now

Postby Redcdiver45 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi, I just found this site while looking for a Thai version of PofN. I came across a Forum entry by Tanapat. In reading it, I could identify with much of what he had to say, except that I went through Christianity for almost 20 years after becoming a Christian at 30. It was 4 years ago I first picked up PofN as it reminded me of a a book I read back in the early 70's by Ram Dass called, "Be Here Now", which I really liked then.
Anyway, it was after being out of the the "Church Scene" for a few years, being in Egypt, South Sinai on the Red Sea for 5 years, that I was finally getting free of all the Dogma that I had taken in over the years. I was ready, and hungry, for "something". I began to read other things as well, but kept coming back to Eckhart Tolle. No doctrine, no You must do this or should do that.

I do find it a little difficult to practice at times because I travel much for work, live sometimes in Thailand, and don't get much time (very little) with like minded people. Lately, I have felt very far away from where I would like to be (spiritually), but this site may be just what I need.

I am 67, been in, and still am, in the Merchant Navy since I was 15 apart from doing different things at times, like working as a dive instructor in the Red Sea and Central and South America.
Redcdiver45

Re: Finally! Found others into the Power of Now

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Welcome Redcdiver. Sounds like you have had quite the adventurous life. Enjoy the forum

WW
Webwanderer

Postby runstrails » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Welcome, Rcdiver. Enjoy the forum. Like you, I travel a lot and its great to be able to access this site get grounded no matter where in the world you are traveling. rt
runstrails

Postby Redcdiver45 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks for the welcome. By the way, I am from Australia, but sometimes I think I am from everywhere, and nowhere. I often experience having to let go of who I think I am, what and where belong to.

I had this experience just recently while traveling in Europe. It was like I had brought my past with me, memories of who I am, it was almost a physical feeling. I remember distinctly feeling, "I've got to leave all this shite behind, let go of it". Then I could be where I was. Each time I moved from one place to another, I had to deal with where I was, new surroundings, different culture, different people and circumstances, daily challenges of getting from here to there. I felt all these served to be more occupied with the present, no time or reason to think about the past.

Some of the other things I have read are The Sedona Method, or Release Method, which I practiced a little and found effective, and material by Lester Levenson who originated The Sedona Method. It is about letting go of emotions and those things that block us from being who we really are, and being in the Now.
Redcdiver45

Postby karmarider » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:50 am

Redcdiver45 wrote:Some of the other things I have read are The Sedona Method, or Release Method, which I practiced a little and found effective, and material by Lester Levenson who originated The Sedona Method. It is about letting go of emotions and those things that block us from being who we really are, and being in the Now.

It's a good and very effective technique. I read the book and felt there was something to the technique, but they way it was presented in the book felt very complicated to me. It's actually quite simple. I don't know if the technique ultimately leads to releasing delusions, but it has been very helpful in letting go of harsh emotions.
karmarider

Postby Redcdiver45 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 am

I was using the audios and found it easier than the manual. I did have an appropriate time to listen and practise while at sea doing a 4 hour watch at night so, no distraction. It does seem to clear out a lot of heaviness. I would like to do it again sometime. I think that and ET may go well together, at least for awhile.
Redcdiver45

Return to Introductions