Hello from a 22 year old looking for peace

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from a 22 year old looking for peace

Postby bligh » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 am

Hi everybody,
A friend introduced me to Eckharte Tolle's work and I am still quite new to them but continue to read, study and practice.
I have major clinical depression and I am also battling with a lot of internal pain caused by the past actions of myself (read: severe guilt).
I hope to gain knowledge on Tolle and other similar authors/teachers and share my advice when I can. I am also looking to find an understanding between the balance of finding inner peace and other things in my life such as mental illness, psychotherapy, medications, and substance abuse problems that I have battled with for some years now (I am only 22 years old at the point).

I work a full time office job, have a girlfriend I love very much but have done some horrific things to, I enjoy writing and hope to have some published work in the near future. I also have a group of friends who are very talented in their own rights- whether it be intellectually, academically, or creatively.

I hope to be able to communicate with the members of this board (I have been lurking for a while now and it seems like a truly great resource). I am open to absorbing new information so if you feel you can relate to me in anyway and whether you have some advice to offer or have any questions for me then I will be happy to speak. While I may not sound like a great source of positive experiences, I have truly learned a lot from my negative experiences in life.

I think that is all to say at the present moment. As you can see I am living a very painful "unconscious" life and have a long way to travel.

Thank you for reading this.
bligh

Re: Hello from a 22 year old looking for peace

Postby kiki » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:34 am

Welcome to the board, bligh. I encourage you to check out Adyashanti if you haven't already done so. http://www.adyashanti.org/

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Return to Introductions