New from NC

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

New from NC

Postby leahnc » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Hello. Glad I found this forum. I have been on a deep spiritual journey for a little over a year. I grew up Christian, but after a difficult time in my life, Im now left questioning my beliefs (Im Catholic).

Im trying to shed some of the Christian dogmas. Didnt realize how ingrained they are.....
I have not read either of Eckhart Tolles books but have seen him on YouTube and listened to him on podcasts. My goal is to read his books -While getting tid bits from here & there is helpful, I think the books would be beneficial to my spiritual journey. Im working through depression & OCD.

Thanks for reading, Id like to hear from other christians (current of former) & talk to you about your journey. Thank you :D
leahnc

Re: New from NC

Postby karmarider » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 am

Welcome leahnc.

I'm not Christian or a former Christian. I thought I'd point out Anthony de Mello. Some people, including the current Pope, objected that his teachings were not consistent with the orthodoxy. Despite that, his lectures and books have been popular.
karmarider

Re: New from NC

Postby Natalie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 am

Welcome leahnc. KR's suggestion of De Mello is excellent. You can find his most important 'sermons' on youtube. He is favorite of many on this forum. I don't think I've ever been a Christian, although I played the part well for a year or two when my kids were small. I stopped taking them to church when my then 9 year old boy asked a Sunday school teacher if there was football in heaven and she responded no, in heaven we sit at a big table praising the lord. I will never forget the look on my son's face. I am so sorry I put him through that.

It's not uncommon to question one's belief system after being exposed to ET's teachings.

Welcome to the forum.

Natalie
Natalie

Return to Introductions