Hi All

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi All

Postby Jaguar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:10 pm

My name username is Jaguar i am nearly 63 years of age an only child and to a certain extent a lonely child.I suffered physical and mental abuse of f both of my parents and find it difficult to forgive them,they are both dead.As early as i can recall i have suffered with my nerves,anxiety,depression and ocd.I done well at school but chose to leave early because i wanted the money and my so called friends i was afraid of loosing.I had my first breakdown at 16 and have had several since,the latest one being last year.I am a recoving alcholic and have been in recovery for 29 years a day at a time,for which i attach no blame to my parents.As you are all probably aware we practice a 12 step programme a day at a time and express our illness as 3 fold spiritual,mental and physical.From my own perspective i believe the physical aspect if caught in time usually clears up in 6 months.The mental aspect and spiritual aspect are never finnished.I have decided to try and develop my spirituality more to try and reach a stage of being "At ease with myself"I was directed to Eckhart Tolle through someone in AA as most of us are trying to improve ourselves.I am in the middle of reading "The Power of Now" and find 3 pages where the marks are enough for me to grasp,i wish you all well,peace and comfort Jaguar.
Jaguar

Re: Hi All

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:05 am

Hello Jaguar (awesome animal :D )

ET's ideas very much coincide with the Serenity Prayer that I understand is used in AA (? I have a relative who has been a long time member)

The serenity prayer says
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change -
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

The Jaguar can be a very serene, courageous and wise creature.

ET in his other book, A New Earth says
if you are making an enemy, obstacle (to your happiness), or a means to an end
of a thing, person or situation
that is the fear filled ego response to what is (now), or was (past), or might be (future).

Whereas if you employ acceptance like in the serenity prayer knowing which is which in being able to change it or not then you are being one with what really is now.

I suffered physical and mental abuse of both of my parents and find it difficult to forgive them, they are both dead.

For as long as we hold on to the 'crime' of a thing of the past we will continue to suffer from it and respond to it as if it defines who we are and as if it is still 'true' in this moment. ET suggests that if the abuse isn't happening now, holding onto the feelings of it is what continues the suffering as we put our attention to that instead of this moment. Forgiveness is merely letting go of it. It is in that way that we set ourselves free.

May you too find your freedom Jaguar. It's a little like - imagine that beautiful creature pacing up and down in a cage, and then him realising the door was always unlocked, he just had to notice it, nudge it out of his way, and walk through it, leaving the prison of his cage behind him.

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy this community.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby tod » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 am

Welcome and best wishes Jaguar.
tod

smileyjen101

Postby Jaguar » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am

Thank you ,i very much appreciate your constructive feed back and take it on board,love,peace and serenity,jaguar. :D
Jaguar

Postby jan-sandahl » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Welcome Jaguar!

To let go of the past is the same thing as forgiving everyone - including yourself. For anything you ever did, for anything anyone ever did.

It can be hard to forgive, but it´s easier to see that you yourself do not want to be spreading, conciously or unconciously, that bad energy - what anyone might have inflicted on you at some earlier time. Do you want that to grow in the world? Do you really want to "honour" the bad things that´s been done to you by keeping them alive in the world? I don´t think so. But as you carry that with you, that´s what can happen on some level. But there´s no blame in that. When you find a way to forgive them you take the responsibility they never did or could. Isn´t that encouraging? Replacing it with forgiveness, for everyone. Dissolving blame all together. In forgiving everything, there is the beginning of peace, for everyone. You have transformed it into love. A far better legacy. Something good has come out of it.

Everything that is carried can also be dropped. It´s that simple. If you can carry it you can also drop it. At any time. Maybe even Now?

How?

One good way is to really stay aware of that feeling when it comes, without fighting it in any way. Watching it come and go like a cloud. Accepting in stillness its presence, without judgment, will make it gradually weaker. Losing its importance and impact. Just fading away. There is no longer any resistance that is giving it energy or feeding it. This is my personal experience.
jan-sandahl

Jan-sandhal

Postby Jaguar » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Thank you for your constructive comments it helps and supports me so much and makes me relize i have alot of work to do on myself,love in serenity Jaguar
Jaguar

Return to Introductions