Hello Everyone

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello Everyone

Postby Chris_99 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi there,

My names Chris and I'm from Manchester in the UK.

I discovered Eckhart just over 3 years ago and his teachings have changed my life for the better in so many ways.

I thought I'd join this forum so I could take part in discussions with like minded people about Eckhart and other topics, in order to deepen my own awakening and maybe make new friends.

I was quite surprised to see a lot of people on this forum are a similar age to me (I'm 27) From my experience of meeting people face to face who share an interest in Eckhart, most are older than me. None of my long standing friends or family are that interested if I try to talk about Presence or Awakening, I'm guessing many others on this forum have found the same thing.

So I look forward to having discussions with some of you, and taking part in the awakening process on this forum.

Peace,

Chris.
Chris_99

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Welcome Chris.. enjoy the forum!

(arsenal... da-da-da :lol: ) Sorry.. I'm just teasing, Manchester is so well known for its football teams isn't it!

I discovered Eckhart just over 3 years ago and his teachings have changed my life for the better in so many ways.

Would you like to expand on this?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Chris_99 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 am

Ha ha, well I am a Manchester United fan - not used to there being two team being talked about from here!

In terms of how his teachings have helped me; I've become a lot calmer, a lot more selfless/altruistic and have found a purpose and meaning to my life that I didn't have before. It's really changed me a lot and I'm continuing to notice improvements. I'm also more confident and have noticed the improvement in my judgement and decision making when I'm in touch with 'the source'.

How about you Jen? When did you discover Eckhart and what differences have his teachings made in your life?
Chris_99

Postby kiki » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 am

Welcome to the board, Chris. I'll just toss out the name of Fulham since my brother was a big fan of theirs until they lost his favorite player to another team (couldn't tell you who, but he is an American).
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Chris_99 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks Kiki,

The player you could be referring to is Clint Dempsey, as he is American and was arguably Fulham's best player before he went to Tottenham in August.

It's funny how the first thing I end up talking about on this forum is football, as that is something that used to make me very unconscious! It still does a bit today but I'm aware when it happens and then can usually bring myself back to presence. I am less fanatical about it than I was for this reason. I sometimes regard it as a guilty pleasure as supporting a team can easily lead to attachment to an outcome - win,lose,draw etc. However as most my friends/family like it and support United too, it seems impractical to give it up totally. I do still find it interesting and enjoyable to watch the games even if it not an activity I can always stay present during. I also feel uncomfortable with the amount of money that's in the game, and for that reason don't pay to watch games in the stadiums any more.

I'd be interested in anyone else's thoughts on this.
Chris_99

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Hey Chris, it's all good fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Which leads to the greatest thing I think I've learned from ET moving forward.
To notice if one, or another, is making enemy, obstacle, or means to an end of a person, thing, or situation you can 'arrest' fear and ego right there and then and come back into presence.

These things get in the way of life in motion (for me). Being in acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm just makes for a much freer life, in awareness and joy.

The Arsenal.. dadada.. was a funny thing from years ago now after Arsenal beat Man Utd in the FA Cup back in the .. hmmm... late 70s early 80s when it all happened in the last five minutes of the game - my brothers had gone to bed thinking it was all over (we were watching it 'live' downunder so middle of the night here).

Not a year later I walked into a tiny little bar in Kowloon, near Hong Kong and here in the middle of Hong Kong was a huge Man Utd banner across the bar with only Chinese people to be seen. So I did ' Arsenal, dadada dance/song' for a stir and this 'white guy' (amid all the Chinese people) came flying through from another room in 'outrage' who the HE... would mention the A word... in Hong Kong! :lol:

We ended up having a great night as he was a guitarist and part owner of the bar, singing and joking till the wee hours to the joy and applause of the Chinese patrons. He 'forgave' me my joy of Arsenal's great comeback that year.

Joy is to be found everywhere you set it free. :D

(ps my sister used to say football was - all these grown men running up and down a field getting their clothes dirty!
You should see her take it 'seriously' now her sons play rugby league! :wink: )
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Chris_99 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 pm

That's an interesting take Jen, thanks for sharing it. It sounds like you had a great time in Hong Kong :)

I agree that football and supporting a team should be about fun more than anything. Trying to stay present during a match can be a worthy challenge.

Coincidentally United and Arsenal are playing each other on Saturday, I hope it will be a good game with lots of attacking play :)
Chris_99

Return to Introductions