Greetings from Norway

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Greetings from Norway

Postby Aramir » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:58 pm

A warm hello from this cold and dark country. The sun hardly visits us anylonger, but when it does it's such a joy. The weather doesn't bother me in the same way it did when I was younger, which is good, it leaves a lot of space to complain about other things! :wink:

I am a 47 year old woman from Oslo, the capital, for those of you who didn't pay attention when you were given lessons in the capitals of Europe. I live in a flat with my three wonderful sons who are 19, 17 and 11 years old. 7 years ago I was separated, which means I haven't gone through a divorce yet. My ex husband lives 3 minutes away from us so we see each other quite often. We go on holidays together and enjoy each others company. The serpent in the garden is alkohol. He drinks a lot and becomes very demanding and depressed when he does. I drink too much as well, which is not good at all. It's totally wrong in regards to the children of course, and it also prevents me from being present in the Now. I go below thought. Alkohol is one of my major challenges. Well, not really true. I don't drink on weekdays, but I shouldn't touch alkohol at all.

My true major challenge is bipolar disorder. I have been struggeling with this disease for decades. I have always been a "searcher" and tried various spiritual practices but have never been able to heal myself. My psychiatrist tells me that medication is my only option. I have been on medication for many years and I feel that my symptoms have vanished. It's very pleasant. No more depressions, but no more hypomanias either. My hypomanias were wonderful. Bright coulors, communications with trees, intens love for human kind, lots of energy, clear thoughts, optimism and an emotional highs. But there has always been something missing. I am still a "searcher". My True Self can't be trick into believing that everything is alright. I fear that all the medications keep me below thought, that I can't transend them. I have decided to stop taking some of the drugs even if it's tempting to live like a zombie.

I have started to practise the teachings of The power of Now. It apeals enormously to me. My thoughts are my ennimies and have always been so. But lately I have noticed that my ego serves me pleasant thoughts, emotions that are not hard to handle. It is as if it wants to keep me hanging on.

I'm looking forward to be on this forum with all you people. I want to reach out, be part of a community and not isolate myself as a do in my physical life. I hope you're all doing great.

Lots of love
Aramir

Re: Greetings from Norway

Postby Marcel Franke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 pm

A joyfull reply from my weather-unpredictable country: the Nethelands.
(Norway is still on our wishlist for a holiday.)
At the moment we have some nicely coloured foliage overhere.
Autumn is my favorite, early spring my weakpoint.
I am 51, male, married, no kids (as far as I know).
Sometimes I drink too much alco, which makes me tired.
Your hypomanias seem familiar, and I've tried talking to trees,
especially beeches which I like, but the suckers keep ignoring me.
I've read PON too, and enjoyed most of it.

Godspeed.
---ooOoo---
Marcel Franke

Re: Greetings from Norway

Postby Aramir » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello Marcel.

How nice of you to answer!

I went to see my phsycologist today and I tried to introduce him to my newfound approach to life. He follows me, although he has his own theories and philosophy. For some reason I am reminded of my ego every day now, several times a day. But my ego is really resisting this! It tries to hide. It's clinging to me. I have discovered another layer of my ego below the obvious one which is really interessting. Maybe it's my painbody? Maybe one of the clues is to be compassionate with oneself? Not be too harsh and judgemental.

I hope you are doing fine down there in Middle Europe. I've never been to The Netherlands so all I now is that you've got tons of tullips and tasty cheeses. I know of the coffee shops. I used to smoke dope when I was young (to ease the mental and emotional pain and have fun), but I don't do it anylonger.

I want to be enlightened! Be in the Now and act from there.

God bless you!

Lots of love
Aramir

Return to Introductions