Hi!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi!

Postby Pennee101 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:16 am

Well I am new here and while not new to meditation, very new to practicing being present in the now. I did not start off with "The Power of Now" and maybe I should, (I am opening myself up to suggestions here), but with "A New Earth" when I heard about it on Oprah. I read it and read it and underlined and the pages are worn and the top and bottom covers are off but it is only in the last 2 months or so that I think I have finally realized what it is about. So suffice to say I am a novice. I try to breathe and say, "it is neither good nor bad nor right nor wrong", (that came from the book from maybe from stories in the book or maybe part of it I am making up....not sure) and then I center on what is happening right now. And I have had a real change in perception. Not always but a lot of the time. People whom I used to find appalling I am able to look at now and see, (not always at first, actually usually after the fact) that that is just their ego and the real them is the wonderful peaceful presence I feel when I am present and we are connected because we are of the same presence. I find that when I am practicing being in the now my pets even look more amazing to me. Right now 2 out of 4 of them are on either side of me and they are like little beings trying to protect and comfort me.

I am looking forward to learning new things on this site. I have already read some very interesting and enlightening threads. Thank you for that.

Pennee
The Holiest site on Earth is where an Ancient hatred has become a present Love. TCIM
Pennee101

Re: Hi!

Postby runstrails » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:15 am

Welcome, Penee101. Enjoy the forum.
runstrails

Return to Introductions