Hello

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello

Postby Catshark » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm

I am glad to have found this forum. I discovered Eckhart not so long ago and have been trying to apply his teachings to my daily life. Before I started reading he Power of Now and listening to his talks on youtube, I read a couple of books by a Zen teacher called Cheri Huber which I suppose was my breakthrough into things of a spiritual manner. My practice has been very off and on, sometimes falling into depths of ego for a time, but have had undeniable glimpses of the thing (or no-thing) that these teachers point to (although the egoic mind would convince me otherwise).

I see somewhat clearly how the ego operates on fear to maintain a sense of separation but still find it hard to break away from the addiction of it. I have become aware that there is basically an forever ongoing argument in my head about how I should be and how I am inadequate or just plain bad, and this is strengthened by the bad things that I've done.

I remember after I mentioned once to somebody that I was interested in delving spirituality, they said "don't do it alone" and although my knowledge of things religious is small, I know that religions like Buddhism in some way stress the importance of a community or "sangha".

So here I am, if you will have me.

Thankyou.
Catshark

Re: Hello

Postby runstrails » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Welcome Catshark, it's good to have you here. Many of us have been at the place you describe yourself now. As you become more aware of yourself, you'll find that 'ego' has less and less of a grip on you. For now, look around the forum and try to focus on the question "Who are you really?' I'll start you off with a hint" You are not your 'ego' :). Eckhart does allude to our true nature as do other teachers who are mentioned on this forum. Enjoy the forum and I look forward to your contributions.
runstrails

Return to Introductions