Hi

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi

Postby stormy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:42 am

After spending a few hours reading some of the threads, I feel grateful for this site.

Some of things Eckhart talks about have really helped me. And this forum seems like a great way to share what helps and ask questions.
stormy

Re: Hi

Postby runstrails » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 am

Welcome, Stormy. Looking forward to your participation.
runstrails

Postby stormy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 am

runstrails wrote:Welcome, Stormy. Looking forward to your participation.

Thanks.

I figured I'd come back to add more information to my introduction. I hope I’m not writing too many comments.

I first heard of Eckhart around 2005, and I read most of The Power of the Now. Maybe all of it? But it didn't have a noticeable impact on me. So I mostly forgot about it/him. That was a difficult time in my life, and I don't think I was mature enough to absorb understand some of the important points in it.

Then, a few years after that, while reading one of Byron Katie's books, especially one small part of it (a couple sentences) I experienced my first deep altered state. It happened spontaneously and lasted about 30 seconds... if that. Maybe only 10 sec. But it was glorious. I've read other people write about similar experiences. The colors seemed brighter. And there was a sense of spaciousness, as if I wasn't confined or limited to my body. There was peace. It was as if I was experiencing life for the first time. It was heavenly.

And then the thoughts started coming back. “This is awesome”… "I've got to share this experience with others"… "They need to know about this"… "I'm so excited... I'll never suffer anymore". Thoughts like that.

I had a couple brief, less memorable experiences after that first one.

Then a few months ago I rediscovered Eckhart and listened. And I discovered that listening helps me absorb the message better than reading or watching. I like to close my eyes and listen to him talk. Listening to something more than once is another thing that has helped.

Eckhart has helped a lot. I'm grateful for that.

(I think there is a part of me that is cautious or unsure about some of the things he says. I want to be upfront about that.)
stormy

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 am

Hi Stormy, honesty is the highest form of love, so feel free to be upfront about everything :D

Individually, ET included, we have perspectives, collectively we have it all. You'll find here is no different to anywhere, there are different perspectives, on ET, on his experiences, on his wisdoms, on our own experiences and wisdoms, and on each others'.

And, scepticism - questioning is healthy!! True scepticism holds open a space and investigates, examines. It's the bridge between ignorance/arrogance of perspectives, and understanding them.

Welcome!
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Introductions