Hi from Italy

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi from Italy

Postby Dimo » Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 am

My name's Roberto and I apologize for my not perfect English language :)
I'm 25 years old and i'm interested in the awakening because of a series of events. I wanted to find a life's meaning and because of my living questions i had some satori since I was 10 years old. But i didn't know what a satori was, so i didn't care about it.
In the 2010, I had anxiety problem in my first job experience in a foreign country and for this reason I left my job and I came back in Italy. But I didn't accept my weakness, so I began to read some psychological books. I was luck because the writer of thees books is awakened :). So I understood what happened to me while my satori. Since then I began to look for the awakening as the most important thing (or better the only thing) that matters in life.
I read Nisargadatta Maharaj, Eckhart Tolle, Gurdjieff.
Then I met a Master, a 50 years old woman who is awakened by herself thanks to the Osho books. I met her in an Italian forum :)
I know myself better thanks to her, above all the reasons about my dissatisfaction in life. But now i have to wake up :roll:
good awakening ;)
Dimo

Re: Hi from Italy

Postby kiki » Wed May 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Welcome to the board, Dimo. Explore the board, and if you have questions feel free to ask them.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Dimo » Wed May 29, 2013 1:40 pm

kiki wrote:Welcome to the board, Dimo. Explore the board, and if you have questions feel free to ask them.

Thanks kiki ;)
Infact I have already two questions :D

1) I wrote two posts but they have not yet been approved, why?
2) why can't I contact moderators or other users privately?

Thank you again :)
Dimo

Postby kiki » Wed May 29, 2013 2:34 pm

1) New members have a probationary period where their posts are looked at and either approved for public viewing or disallowed by moderators to keep out spammers and trolls. I've only seen 2 posts by you, both of which have been approved. Also, keep in mind that moderators aren't always present, so what you post may take a while before being checked out by a moderator.

2) It could be that once your probationary period is up Private Messaging will be allowed (not really sure though, so send one to me now and see if it gets through).
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
kiki

Postby heidi » Wed May 29, 2013 4:53 pm

I just found the 3rd one and approved it. Please make sure to read the forum rules viewforum.php?f=9, and remember to capitalize the beginning of sentences. :-)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Dimo » Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

kiki wrote:1) New members have a probationary period where their posts are looked at and either approved for public viewing or disallowed by moderators to keep out spammers and trolls. I've only seen 2 posts by you, both of which have been approved. Also, keep in mind that moderators aren't always present, so what you post may take a while before being checked out by a moderator.

Ok, I asked it because this post is less recent than the other two

kiki wrote:2) It could be that once your probationary period is up Private Messaging will be allowed (not really sure though, so send one to me now and see if it gets through).

Now, i can't. Where there is "Contact Kiki" there are no links :)

heidi wrote:I just found the 3rd one and approved it. Please make sure to read the forum rules viewforum.php?f=9, and remember to capitalize the beginning of sentences. :-)

Ok thank you :D
Dimo

Postby kiki » Wed May 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Dimo, click on my name - that will take you to my profile page; then you will find 2 contact links, one for E-mail and one for a private message on the left side of the page. Just a note: I am leaving the house for about 5 hours in just a bit, so you'll have to wait for a response.
---
kiki

Postby Dimo » Wed May 29, 2013 5:50 pm

kiki wrote:Dimo, click on my name - that will take you to my profile page; then you will find 2 contact links, one for E-mail and one for a private message on the left side of the page. Just a note: I am leaving the house for about 5 hours in just a bit, so you'll have to wait for a response.

In your profile page, on the left side, there is "Contact kiki" but there are no contact links.
But I think I can't see them maybe because I'm a new member.
Dimo

Postby kiki » Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 pm

That must be why. I have asked another moderator about this, but haven't received an answer yet.
---
kiki

Postby Dimo » Wed May 29, 2013 6:23 pm

kiki wrote:

That must be why. I have asked another moderator about this, but haven't received an answer yet.

Now I see your contact links and my posts don't need to be approved anymore ;)
Dimo

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 pm

PM functions are not active until the probationary period is complete.

It is the responsibility of new members to read the forum rules before posting. When a new post comes in for approval and it violates the rules at the outset, it may not get approved depending on severity. Personally, I do not like reading posts written in texting style, or lacking punctuation, or capitalization, or with prolific spelling errors. We welcome new members but our rules are there for a reason.

Writing rules are there to help with clarity on topics sometimes difficult to express in words, even in the best of conditions. Many members have English as a second language and proper writing style helps with the translation.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Dimo » Thu May 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Webwanderer wrote:PM functions are not active until the probationary period is complete.

It is the responsibility of new members to read the forum rules before posting. When a new post comes in for approval and it violates the rules at the outset, it may not get approved depending on severity. Personally, I do not like reading posts written in texting style, or lacking punctuation, or capitalization, or with prolific spelling errors. We welcome new members but our rules are there for a reason.

Writing rules are there to help with clarity on topics sometimes difficult to express in words, even in the best of conditions. Many members have English as a second language and proper writing style helps with the translation.

WW

I apologize for that
I didn't translate the word "capitalise" :|
Dimo

Postby Webwanderer » Thu May 30, 2013 9:57 pm

It's all good, thanks for your cooperation. Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Introductions