Hey, I'm new!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hey, I'm new!

Postby Z3N » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a forum on awakening for a while, but had not found any active ones, hopefuly this one is! I listened to The Power of Now recently, but was doing other stuff, so will go back and have another active listen to it soon! :)

About a year or so ago, I picked up the 'who am I?' question and went to work on finding out, I sat down for about 3 hours enquiring into it focusing on my direct experiences in that moment etc then something clicked and the whole world had just changed infront of me, but was still exactly the same as it had always been, only it felt like I had never seen it before. And it felt amazing to say the least, I knew no matter what everything was all good, and a bunch of other things that I never really could get my mind around that I had read or heard became very clear to me. Anyway, I floated about in this heavenly feeling for a bout a week or so, and really without me even noticing I fell right back into misery and dispair flat on my face, and it hurt like hell!

Oh yeah, leading up to this has been about 4 years, through which most of 'my life' has burned away, all friendships for the most part, a long term relationship, my job, this all had left me very depressed, isolated and very disillusioned with spirituality, and then came the awakening and the following lack of said awakeness.

So here I am now, lost and in pain lol with no clue what is next. =]
Z3N

Re: Hey, I'm new!

Postby runstrails » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi Z3N,
Welcome to the forum. Look around the forum in all the different sections and you'll find posts where others have wrangled with similar issues. The "I got it, I lost it" phenomenon is pretty much par for the course initially. We have many posts which have dealt with it. Also, look under recommended book and recommended links, you might find books or utube videos that resonate with you as you go through the awakening process. Usually, after its starts, there is no going back :wink: (and that's a good thing). But awakening takes its own windy course differently in each case. The right teacher usually comes along at the right time. And its perfectly ok to take time away from all this spiritual stuff too and go live your life---it'll be waiting for you when you get back now that you've entered the proverbial lion's mouth.
runstrails

Postby Z3N » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:09 am

runstrails wrote:Hi Z3N,
Welcome to the forum. Look around the forum in all the different sections and you'll find posts where others have wrangled with similar issues. The "I got it, I lost it" phenomenon is pretty much par for the course initially. We have many posts which have dealt with it. Also, look under recommended book and recommended links, you might find books or utube videos that resonate with you as you go through the awakening process. Usually, after its starts, there is no going back :wink: (and that's a good thing). But awakening takes its own windy course differently in each case. The right teacher usually comes along at the right time. And its perfectly ok to take time away from all this spiritual stuff too and go live your life---it'll be waiting for you when you get back now that you've entered the proverbial lion's mouth.

Hey Runstrails,

Ok brilliant, I will have a good nose around the forum.

"after it starts, there is no going back :wink:" haha sounds good to me!

Yeah I have really neglected the more practical aspects of life for quite a while, though some things have randomly started to come to together lately, so will be way more busy than I'm used to!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome & info Runstrails. =]
Z3N

Postby Onceler » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:17 pm

This forum has helped me inmeasurably over the years, offering many helpful pointers and guides. Glad you are here and enjoy.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Z3N » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Onceler wrote:This forum has helped me inmeasurably over the years, offering many helpful pointers and guides. Glad you are here and enjoy.

Thanks Onceler, glad to be here. =]
Z3N

Return to Introductions