Sleeping problems

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Sleeping problems

Postby Fethor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:58 am

Hallo everyone, My name is Peter and I'm from the Netherlands.
I'm married and have three kids and a fourth is comming (yeah!)
And I've my own little compagny, we make and maintain gardens.
So now you know who I'am! hahaha

Since a short time I read ET books: The Power of Now and a New earth.
I did that because I have really sleeping problems, even go to the bedroom is a huge problem for me.
And offen it leads to an attack of rage and aggression, so intens that I sometimes throw with furniture.
Some day's I'm irritate, in a big hurry, and totally in stress.
The most thing that I hate and be affraid of is that my behaviour is affected my wife and children.
Fortunally I've never hit them or have caused them physical pain, but for sure I caused mentally pain.
That has to stop!!!

After reading the books I'm awakening and it feels good!
Now I know it is not me but my painbody feeding on my ego.
(I've said to my wife that sometimes I feel schizofreen)
I reconize now the painbody's and ego's by others but fortunaly also by myself!!
And when I look back, I see almost in all cases of my anger what was going wrong.
Before I read ET I really did not now what was wrong with me and what was happen to me:
A day I was in anger, rage etc etc and another I was happy, kind and loving.

But one thing is so difficult for me: to live in the now!
I know I must not seek it, I know the advise that ET gives but it is so hard to FEEL it.
Fethor

Re: Sleeping problems

Postby Onceler » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 am

Welcome to the forum, Peter. Hopefully you can find some help and shared experience here.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby tod » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:35 am

Sorry to hear about your difficulties Peter. Is the anger, frustration and stress still going on or has just reading ET reduced the intensity of that? Are you getting professional help with your mental situation? How understanding is your wife to it?

But one thing is so difficult for me: to live in the now!

That is understandable given your current situation. Without knowing more, I would not think that is the best thing for you to do right now. That directive is essentially to get you out of your mind, and any reasonable way you can achieve some relief from the mind would be beneficial for you at this time I feel.

I am sure others will make further comment, and further information about your situation, including any about your current mental state would be helpful.

In the meantime, I suggest you focus on the love you have for your family. That will guide you if you let it.

I have been in a very similar situation so,

A Big Hug,
Gray
tod

Postby Fethor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks Onceler.

@Tod: The intensity of my anger etc is certainly reduced after reading en seeing ET on YT.
In the past years I've got much professional help from medication to psychiatrics.
But from the medication I only feel drugged and more unhappy than I was.
And psychiatrics didn't help because I knew what they where saying but missed the essence of my problem.
(ET decribe exactly the essence of my problem!)
My wife is verry understanding to my problem and I have great respect for her.

My mental situation is much better now!
In the past week there where two incidences that before really would trigger my rage and anger but this week I just accept it.
But only the feeling that someone (ET or others here) understands my problem (psychiatrics didn't) AND that I can do something about it is a great relief.

Ans sure I focus on my family and I love it.
Now I see how really great my kids and wife are, not great in school ore something like that.
I mean the live in their eyes, how sweet they walk, how they try to help with making the table with dinner etc.
And they come to me more times now as of theye will say: I like you more now.

Since a few day's I feel also an strange warm feeling in my stomach, a little bit like i'm in love but a little bit different.
It is a good feeling.
And yesterday I had a really strange experiance: for a few moments I was verry dizzy.
Ordinarely it is an unpleasant feeling but this was quite a nice feeling.
Fethor

Postby tod » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:29 am

Great to read your report Peter, and that you are getting on better.

Ans sure I focus on my family and I love it.
Now I see how really great my kids and wife are, not great in school ore something like that.
I mean the live in their eyes, how sweet they walk, how they try to help with making the table with dinner etc.
And they come to me more times now as of theye will say: I like you more now.

I had tears in my eyes when I read this. My wife and kids left (many years ago) as I did not allow the love to do all the work. I was FAR too headstrong.

Since a few day's I feel also an strange warm feeling in my stomach, a little bit like i'm in love but a little bit different.
It is a good feeling.
And yesterday I had a really strange experiance: for a few moments I was verry dizzy.
Ordinarely it is an unpleasant feeling but this was quite a nice feeling.

Yes, you are in a very real way, love. Focus on it and let it grow and spread. I imagine the dizziness was the giddiness of love.

Keep us posted, and love and best wishes to you all. :)
tod

Postby runstrails » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Peter and Tod, thanks for sharing sincerely and from the heart. It's these kinds of honest posts that enrich this forum.
And welcome, Peter.
runstrails

Postby Fethor » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

Thank you runstrails.
I hope that I can contribute this forum and other people.

@tod: I'm sorry to hear that your wife and kids have left you.
It is (or was) one of my greatest fears, but paradoxical, my fear was/is the greatest reason to leave me.
Fethor

Postby tod » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Fethor wrote:Thank you runstrails.
I hope that I can contribute this forum and other people.

@tod: I'm sorry to hear that your wife and kids have left you.
It is (or was) one of my greatest fears, but paradoxical, my fear was/is the greatest reason to leave me.

Thanks Rt and Peter.

Life moves on :).

Yes, you are so right Peter. It is fear of becoming totally involved with family and life, as it is, that is the cause of any difficulty.
tod

Return to Introductions