Determined to find peace

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Determined to find peace

Postby donothing » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello all,

I’m Rob from Colorado. I’ve been following Eckhart Tolle’s teachings for quite some time now. Initially I came across his teachings while searching for a solution to the anxiety I had been experiencing throughout my engineering studies. I was recommended Tolle’s book “The Power of Now” by a friend while in college and noticed that it resonated deeply within me. Now, almost a decade later, I’ve delved more deeply into Tolle’s teachings and started becoming acquainted with several other teachers such as Adyashanti and Mooji.

While the teachings have certainly helped me along, I’m still searching for that “aha” moment. I still experience quite a bit of anxiety and a ton of negative thoughts ☺ I’ve been reading posts on this forum, but haven’t made much effort to post myself, hoping that other people’s posts would provide me answers to my own questions.

After trying a variety of techniques that have usually ended up in frustration, I’m determined to find the piece within each one of us. I’m looking forward to some new insight into my journey and, hopefully, a bit more success.

Thanks!
donothing

Re: Determined to find peace

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:46 am

The peace isn't lost Rob, you're just covering it over with your fears that it is lost.

Your determination is the energy you are emitting in reinforcing that peace is lost and your panic in searching from the belief that as it is lost, it must be found.

Very gently, searching for peace in this way is like a dog chasing its tail, which is why one might feel& experience frustration arising.
This is all okay too! We are here to experience that which we are not, in order to truly know that which we are.

Stop chasing your tail and you will know peace

without believing all the false emotions appearing real - that any feelings, thoughts, responses, actions, situations, experiences can ever take away peace that always is, under and within all feelings, thoughts, responses, actions, situations, experiences.

It's kind of like saying, the universe doesn't worry about you, it believes in you. Because it knows who you really are.

Stop worrying about you and enjoy the journeys of discovery.
Welcome.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby donothing » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks for that advice and welcome smiileyjen101! I can see how I might be chasing my tail by constantly searching for a "fix." So, if I understand you correctly, you would suggest I let the world unfold more without the need to fix what I'm experiencing. And accept the emotions and thoughts as just that, understanding that there's something deeper that is steadfast? Given that the part of me that knows there's something more steadfast isn't so well developed and frequently gets swept away by the thoughts and emotions. ... just allowing things to happen and use acceptance as my guide?
donothing

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:16 am

Exactly!!

If you can muse on it - (now look at me, I'm using different words denoting different intensities of 'doing' - and) doing is just really bringing energy into 'form', be it in thought, feeling, action. So if one notices the intensity of the force of bringing energy into form, one can regulate the intensity to a degree, and also notice what it is that it is energising - be that gratitude & generosity - love, openness, authenticity etc or if it is energising worries and fears - false emotions appearing real.

It seems to me that 'performance' anxieties - on any level, be it in our studies, be it in our relating, be it in our 'searching', funnel the energies of creation into whatever we so desire to focus them into.

I tend to love a Hafiz quote that ET used "I am the hole in the flute, through which the Christ breath flows, listen to the music'.

Outside of our ego projections is the knowing that we are the 'hole in the flute' the 'listening', or some may refer to it as the 'watcher' etc, and all life is the music of creation. We open up or cover over the hole that allows creation energy to flow through us. Love - gratitude & generosity, opens us up, fear & ego close us down. So we're still part of the music, always. just 'playing' in a different song :wink:

The creation energy doesn't go anywhere, it is everywhere, eternally just playing the symphony of life (big life, and little life).

I've also noticed that those who are flowing energies into 'searching' - it's like saying let's play hide and seek, you hide and I'll seek... it's a game. One has to hide elements of them self in order to play that game. At the end of the game of hide and seek though... was anyone/thing really lost? No, they were just playing and hiding behind things, or under things in order for them to not be immediately visible 'findable'.

You could change games .. and play Peek-a-boo hahaha!!
So when one is caught up in fears and separations etc one can recognise the game nature of it and widen perception of it into 'awareness' can say Peek- a-boo :)

It is like the 'silver lining' on a cloud.
As we grow in opening the 'roles' switch, and eventually it's ego that pops up saying Peek-a-boo, just when we thought it too was 'lost' and nowhere to be found.

If you're being serious about any thing, just realise that is the song that is playing, based on the tension (attention & intention) you are applying to the hole through which the Christ (creation) energy is flowing. Clamping down on it more just builds the pressure, and easing your tension (attention & intention) is letting it flow.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby donothing » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:56 am

I have a habit, probably like most, to clamp down and force a path each day. I can see how the feelings I feel are a sign that the hole that I am is so constricted by trying to force the air into a path to create the sound that I envision, rather than trust that easing up will produce a higher quality sound. Let's see what holds true.
Thanks smileyjen!
donothing

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:12 am

Goodness me, what you just shared is a delight!! A gastronomic delight!!

I normally just say 'Yum!' but that ... it just explodes the senses :D

Namaste!
smiileyjen101

Return to Introductions