Hello and greetings to all sentient beings!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello and greetings to all sentient beings!

Postby Cujo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:31 pm

I first discovered the "Power of Now" a few years ago and I've read through it at least three times. I recently purchased "A New Earth" and have been slowly reading through that and taking it all in. The Power of Now is probably the most profound book I've ever read and it has already had an enormous positive impact on my state of being.

What I absolutely love about Eckhart Tolle's teachings is that they aren't convoluted or wrapped up in religious sugar coating. Everything he teaches is incredibly simple and to the point. I imagine what Tolle teaches would have been similar to what Siddhartha Gautama originally taught, before Gautama's teachings were transformed into a hierarchical religion that involved praying in front of statues and other odd rituals. I have nothing against the Buddhist religion, but much of it is superfluous and unnecessary, the same with most other organized religions. They do build nice temples though!

Anyways, I'm happy to be here, in the present. :D
Cujo

Re: Hello and greetings to all sentient beings!

Postby kiki » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, Cujo. I look forward to your contributions.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Return to Introductions