Hello from England

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from England

Postby Rob X » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Rob, I'm from England. I came to spiritual teachings by accident in the late nineties when I took up meditation as a means of trying to get some balance in my, then, chaotic life.

After my second or third attempt at meditation something unexpected happened; I fell out of the picture just leaving the fullness of the present moment - it was as if 'I' didn't exist, instead, only everything existed. It felt so utterly natural and the right way to be - also it felt as if I'd known this state before, perhaps from my early childhood. Suffice to say, I continued with a regular meditation practice and glimpsed this state on many occasions. These days it's not so much of a jolt anymore - but it comes as a gentle reminder like the memory of some good news… this is it… there is ONLY Life/Being doing its thing. For me this is the essence of Eckhart's powerful message.

I have visited this forum on several occasions and I'm impressed with what I find here - it manages to be a lively yet harmonious space.

I doubt that I'll be a prolific poster - for now it's just nice to relinquish my lurker status and say hello. :D
Rob X

Re: Hello from England

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Rob X. Congrats on your leap from lurker to contributor.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby kiki » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:49 am

Welcome to the forum, Rob X. You pretty much "nailed it" in your description. Glad to have you here.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby runstrails » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:14 am

Welcome, Rob. I enjoyed your post.
runstrails

Postby Rob X » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I look forward to participating.
Rob X

Postby Sighclone » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:17 am

Rob X -

I echo the welcome of the other mods. Your brief, loving, clear comments are right on. Glad to have you here!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Introductions